Forever and always, in my heart - Chapter 1:

Start from the beginning

I just ignored him and went into the kitchen. Mom had gotten me out my favorite poptarts. Chocolate. I grabbed the pack and headed back into the living room and grabbed my blue backpack off of the floor by the door.  “Bye mom!” I yelled.

“Baby, wait!” She came running into the living room. “Let me see you off on your first day of your junior year!”

I rolled my eyes, “Mom, seriously? Do we have to do this every year?”

You see, it’s become this thing, where mom has to watch me as I go off to school. It was embarrassing when I had to ride the bus my freshman and sophomore year because she used to wait outside with me and then always had a camera stashed somewhere and would snap a picture. “Yes, sweety, we do. Now let me just get one picture!”

I shook my head, but knew if I didn’t cooperate, I would never get out of here. “Fine.” I smirked at the camera.

Mom sighed, “Fine. You may go now.”

“Thank you!” I said and went outside, slamming the door behind me.

I walked out to my Convertible Camaro. It was all yellow, with two black lines going down the middle of it from the front to the back. I hopped in, threw my backpack in the passenger seat and put the top down. After it was fully down, I pulled out of the driveway as fast as I could towards the school. I hated being in that house, and it was way too big if you ask me. Mom insisted on letting that thing choose a house and he liked to throw his money in people’s faces. He was apparently a very well-known attorney, and got paid well and always had a ton of clients. Anyway, I spent most of my time at some sort of sports practice, game, or hanging out with my friends, goofing around. Anything to keep me away from that place. The only time I was home was when I had to sleep.

I finally got to the school and I parked next to my best friend, basically my sister, Allysa. I put the top up on my car, grabbed my backpack, and climbed out just as she did. “Ally!” I said as I locked my car. She had been gone on vacation the past two weeks. “Girl, I’ve missed you! It was hell staying in that house!” I ran over and hugged her.

“I’m sorry! My parents made me go.” She hugged me back. “Babe, trust me, I begged them to let you go too, but they said that I had to go by myself and visit with my granny. Don’t get me wrong, I love her, but it would have been better to have my best friend there.”

I laughed and linked my arm through hers and started walking to the school. “It’s okay. I guess I can forgive you this time.”

“Thanks.” She grinned over at me.

We walked into the school doors and it was already chaos. All of the freshman trying to find their right classroom, the sophomores picking on the freshman, leading them in the wrong direction, the juniors doing their own thing, and then the seniors, already counting down the days until graduation to get out. “Are we in the same homeroom? You weren’t here the day we all came to get our schedules.”

“I came early and got it.” She said. She pulled her schedule out of her pocket and looked at it. “Dufford for homeroom, you?”

“The same! Yes, we can share a locker then!” I smiled as we walked to our homeroom, trying to avoid being slammed into by the running freshman. After walking up a flight of stairs, we made it to our homeroom class. It was starting to fill up, but we managed to get two seats together, saving a seat for our other friend.

“Peyton! Ally! I’ve missed you guys!” Julie had been gone all summer long, visiting her dad.

I smiled as she sat down, “Hey Jules! How was Indiana?” I asked.

“It was awful! I had no friends there; dad had to work the whole time, so I was left alone anyway.” She whined, and rolled her eyes.

“Well, why didn’t you call one of us? We would have talked to you and kept you company!” Ally slapped Jules’ arm.

She scoffed and rubbed her arm where she was slapped. “I couldn’t! There was absolutely no cell service. I was cut off from the real world for two whole months. It was torture!”

The bell rang and the last of the students walked in and took a seat wherever they could. The teacher walked in last and closed the door behind him. “Welcome back, guys. I hope you all had a great summer. I have your locker assignments, but I would like you all to know they assigned your locker partners for you.” Everyone in the class whined. “I know guys. I don’t think it’s right either, but I can’t change the rules.”

“Come on, no one has to know that you changed it for us!” Some guy said from the back.

Mr. Dufford frowned, “Now David, you know that isn’t possible. I love my job too much; I’m not going to risk it for something like this.” He started rattling off names and pairs, after each person was called, they went and put their things in their lockers. “Julie Thompson and Allyson Lewis.” He called.

Ally gave me a sad look, “Sorry chick.” With that, she got up and followed Julie out, giggling and talking.

I sighed; there weren’t very many more people in here; that only left me with few people to get paired up with for a locker partner. “Peyton Jones and David Joseph.”

I groaned when he said that name. All other names but him. David Joseph was the star quarterback for our school, had been since 8th grade. He was the biggest flirt in the whole school and the biggest pig. He was completely into himself and made sure everyone knew how hot he was. Reluctantly, I got up and went to the locker, David not far behind. When he got to the locker, he stood with his arm up on the lockers, leaning against it, backpack barely on his opposite shoulder. “Hey, guess we’ll be…”

I interrupted him before he could go further. I didn’t want to hear what it was he said. “Save it, David. No one cares how hot you might be, or how great you were in the final game last season.” I turned, put my backpack in my locker, grabbed a pencil and notebook, since we didn’t have any books yet, and turned and walked back to the classroom. Once I was back in the classroom, I went and sat down in my seat, waiting for the bell to ring to go to first period. This is about to be an interesting year.