𝐱𝐢𝐢. AMERICAN PASTIMES

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  BAILEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY INTEREST in baseball. Not that she was attending tonight for the game itself. She was going for her samples of vampire venom and only her samples. Bailey was twinkling with excitement. She wondered what it looked like, its properties and its undiscovered abilities. Everything about this was groundbreaking and she could hardly contain herself!

"Aren't you going to get cold?" Bella asked Bailey. Bailey had entered the kitchen to fill her water bottle while Bella was on the phone with Jessica. Jessica was rather eager to inform Bella that Mike had finally kissed her that afternoon. 

Bailey looked down at her clothes, they clearly didn't retain any warmth. She walked to the fridge and reached inside for some cold water. 

"If it gets too cold I'll stay in the car." 

"You'll waste all my gas." 

"I'll pay you back," Bailey replied. She filled her metal bottle. "You're well aware that I can." 

Bella fell silent. She still wasn't used to the fact that Bailey had over six figures in her bank account. "Right," she murmured. 

At that moment, the front door slammed and they could hear Charlie banging around under the stairs, putting his tackle away. 

"Hi there, girls!" Charlie called as he walked into the kitchen. Bella waved at him and Bailey nodded. 

"See ya, Jess." Bella hung up the phone. "Hey, Dad." he was scrubbing his hands in the sink. "Where's the fish?" 

"I put it out in the freezer." 

"I'll go grab a few pieces before they freeze—Billy dropped off some of Harry Clearwater's fish fry this afternoon." Bella worked to sound enthusiastic. 

"He did?" Charlie's eyes lit up. "That's my favourite."

Charlie cleaned up while Bella got dinner ready. Bailey drank a bit of her water, before refilling it and taking a seat at the table. It didn't take long till they were all sitting at the table, eating in silence. Charlie was enjoying his food. 

"What did you two do with yourselves today?" he asked. 

"Well, this afternoon I just hung out around the house..." Bella tried to keep her voice upbeat. 

Bailey swallowed the fish she had chewed. "This morning Bella and I went over to the Cullens'." 

Charlie dropped his fork. 

"Dr. Cullen's place?" he asked in astonishment. 

Bella pretended not to notice his reaction. "Yeah." 

"What were you doing there?" He hadn't picked his fork back up.

"Well, I sort of have a date with Edward Cullen tonight, and he wanted to introduce me to his parents... Dad?"