𝐱. THE CULLEN CLAN

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  NORMALCY HAD CEASED TO EXIST in their lives. At least, that was Bailey's takeaway. How could she possibly act as if everything was normal when her entire belief system had been derailed? Vampires were real. The Cullens and Hales were vampires; immoral beings that traversed the earth feasting on human beings. That is until they decided upon their "vegetarian" diet. Perhaps the worse thing to come of this discovery was the enthusiasm that grew between Bella and Edward. They were no longer "hiding" their relationship—or lack thereof. Bailey was fairly certain they hadn't officially changed their relationship status, but they might as well have. Edward kept showing up every morning for the next few days to drive the sisters to school. Coincidentally, he started doing this when the truck was having some problems, but Bailey kept her suspicions to herself. 

Edward and Bella were spending every waking moment together. On top of driving them to school, he was walking Bella to class, sitting with her at lunch at a completely separate table from the rest of his family, then driving them home in the afternoon. Unsurprisingly, having Edward Cullen driving them every day in his shiny, silver Volvo caught the attention of the entire school much to Bailey's despair. Each morning she jumped out of the car, kept her face hidden behind whichever book she was reading that day and ignored the stares she received. 

"Does that hurt?" Bailey asked him. She was sitting in the library for lunch as she normally did. In front of her was Jasper Hale with his hand held out toward her. 

Bailey had just pricked his finger with a thumbtack—it didn't appear to puncture his skin though. While Bella and Edward were getting closer romantically, Bailey was becoming increasingly infatuated with the inner workings of the vampire physique and its capabilities. Jasper had quickly become Bailey's test subject. 

"No," Jasper answered watching carefully as Bailey inspected his white hand. 

With every experiment, he noticed that she grew more comfortable around him. Maybe this was her way of familiarizing herself with people? While others would ask personal questions like "what's your favourite colour" Bailey instead pulled out a stethoscope and listened for if you had a heartbeat. 

"So you don't have blood, instead your veins are filled with venom that has the ability to transform humans into vampires. But you don't have a heartbeat to spread said venom around your body, so how—" Bailey chewed on her lip as she jotted down her findings in her notebook. "Then again blood circulation is essential for the purpose of supplying the body's vital organs with enough oxygen and nutrients needed to operate. You're technically dead there wouldn't be any need for your organs to function. Still, that wouldn't explain why you have the necessity to drink blood. Where does the blood go? Does your body absorb it? Maybe it has something to do with your venom? Or perhaps—"

"You're taking this fairly well," Jasper spoke, his southern accent slipping through, "better than I would have expected." 

"... Does it seem that way?" Bailey asked, her voice extremely low barely a whisper. "I'm trying. I'm not like Bella. Her capacity to just accept Edward without any doubt, inquiries... I can't do that. Does that make me strange? Abnormal?"