𝐢𝐢. ADAPTING TO CHANGE

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  BAILEY HATED BEING A MORNING person. Her body just naturally woke up early no matter how late she slept the night before. Bailey liked to sleep, in fact, it was one of her favourite pastimes. But, unfortunately, her body simply had other plans for her. Now there was always the possibility of falling back asleep until she was ready to wake up, right? Wrong! It was virtually impossible for Bailey to fall asleep once she had woken up. It didn't matter if it was still dark outside or if she was in a comfortable position or if her eyes were shut and she was trying with all her might to will her body sleep. Once she was awake, she was awake. Bailey had to learn to just not fight it and begrudgingly become a morning person. 

That early morning she dragged herself out of bed and stretch out her body for a good two minutes before she walked downstairs from the attic to shower and brush her teeth. During this time of peace and tranquillity, Bailey thought of the day that she had ahead of her. Today was her first day of school. She'd be attending Forks High School as a junior—even though she was just fifteen. Bailey had moved upgrades a long time ago and technically speaking she should have already graduated by now but the previous school administration and counsellors advised against this for her own benefit. Apparently it would be more beneficial if she stayed around kids close to her age during her pivotal developmental years. 

Bailey hated school—for social reasons. She hated the people; the students who cared more about looks, friendships or romantic relationships over the pursuit of their education. The select few teachers that tried so hard to be liked by their students ended up just embarrassing themselves. 

She dried her hair as she walked by to her room. 

Hopefully, she would have all advanced placement (A.P) classes so she would be surrounded by fellow intellectuals. Maybe one of them could be a rival to her—Bailey stopped mid-thought due to almost bursting out in laughter. Who was she kidding? She'd never met anyone as smart as her before and she was sure someone like that wasn't hiding in Forks of all places. 

Despite being the first one in the house to awaken Bailey was the last one to make it downstairs seeing as she had lost track of time while reading again. Luckily she had planned ahead in case this happened and set an alarm to remind her of the time. She made her way down the flight of stairs, heading toward the kitchen for some breakfast. 

"Morning, Bailey," Charlie said with a smile when he saw her enter the room. 

Bailey glanced up from the book she had in her hands, she had hoped reading would bring her spirits up. Her eyes locked with her fathers, and she flashed him a quick smile before looking back down at the story in front of her. She had noticed the slight pain that flashed through Charlie's eyes.

"I see you're wearing the time turner I got you," he pointed out. 

Bailey admired her time turner then started to make herself a bowl of cereal.