𝐢𝐯. THE MYSTERIOUS EDWARD

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

   RESPECTING SOMEONE'S ALONE TIME COULDN'T possibly be that difficult, could it? Bailey didn't think so. Of course, she was never one to make the move conversation/confrontation-wise; Bailey wasn't an instigator. Sometimes people needed to be left alone and Bailey thought that her older sister, Bella, understood this. After all, Bella was the type of person who kept to herself. But unfortunately, it seemed as though her little time in Forks had already begun to change her ways. 

Bailey had been in her room reading, as she normally did, enjoying her alone time and the silence. Out of nowhere, she heard rapid footsteps running up the stairs to the attic and suddenly Bella was standing in her room. Bailey gaze over the top of her book to look at Bella, uncertain as to why she had barged in unannounced and unprovoked. 

Do I need to get a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign or something? Bailey had to refrain from rolling her eyes. If it was that important Bella could have just texted her or something, there was no need for this social interaction. 

"Is there a particular reason for your intrusion into my space?" Bailey asked, sitting up. 

Bella's chocolate brown eyes had an intense gaze. She was silent for a few moments, assembling her thoughts together. Bailey calmly waited but was gradually growing impatient—if Bella didn't have anything to say she could just leave. 

"What do you know about Edward Cullen?" Bella finally spoke. 

Bailey sat back, resting on the weight of Bella's question. They hardly ever talked to each other and yet interest in some boy is what finally pushed Bella to engage in conversation? Furthermore, she sounded frantic as if she just needed to know more about this mysterious Edward. 

"Who?" Bailey replied, a bit disappointed that this was the direction in which the conversation was headed. 

"Edward Cullen," Bella repeated herself. "Uh, you know, he has perfect and angular—high cheekbones, a strong jawline, straight nose, and full lips. His hair is kind of messy and retains like an unusual bronze shade. His eyes are dark almost black—" Bella went on and on describing the guy.

No matter how well she had depicted him Bailey had no clue who she was talking about. She had never heard of the name Edward Cullen and couldn't put a face to the description. Besides, why was Bella asking her about boys? Bailey had never displayed any interest in romantic pursuits before—at least she had never talked to Bella about boys. Why did Bella think Bailey, who had started school at the exact same time, would have more knowledge than her? 

"I haven't the slightest clue who you're talking about," Bailey said. 

"But I saw you with his siblings." 

"Siblings?" 

"Foster siblings—the Cullen's, from Alaska. Rosalie, Emmett and Alice. I saw you talk to them before you walked away." Bella admitted apprehensively. "I thought that maybe you like befriended them or something?"