𝐯. CLEVEREST MIND

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  BAILEY WAS READY TO GO home by the time the final bell rang. When she walked out of class Tinkerbell still had her gold eyes on her—it was the same for the entire period. Did she even pay attention in class or was Bailey her main focus? Did she not realize how creepy she was being? Was she just spacing out? Whatever the reason may have been Bailey would be extremely appreciative if she just stopped, especially considering that she barely blinked.

She must have dry eyes, Bailey thought arriving at her locker and getting her things.

She strode toward the exit with her Order of the Pheonix book in hand. The story was massive and as stated before there were sections that could have easily been edited out or trimmed down a bit. Bailey had only made it to the creation of Dumbledore's Army—a turning point in the story for sure. It was where Harry got to teach his fellow classmates all the defence against the dark arts techniques and spells he knew. Harry really shined in these scenes and in Bailey's opinion she thought that his calling was to be a professor. It seemed to make him truly happy.

Bailey walked out of the school doors and paused. It wasn't raining anymore, instead due to the cold temperature the water droplets had frozen into the snow. Bailey looked up at the sky studying the falling white substance. It never snowed in Pheonix and so Bailey wasn't too familiar with how it looked, how it felt.

Cold, she thought and continued to walk through the parking lot with her nose in her book—stopping for passing cars, maneuvering around groups of students. The cold was different, a unique experience from the warm weather she was so used to. Not that Bailey had many opinions on the weather—she spent most of her time inside anyway so it didn't matter. Rain or shine, cold or warm.

Bailey agilely slide across a patch of black ice and arrived at the truck, where she saw that Bella was already there distracted by Edward Cullen. He was standing by his Volvo about four cars down and holding Bella's gaze. Each of them seemed curious and yet uncertain of the other, trying to understand, uncover, the secrets the other kept to themselves—as if they were trying to read each other's minds.

"How do you do that?" Bella asked Bailey. She had seen Bailey's feats in the corner of her eye. Bella seemed almost amazed at Bailey's practically supernatural ability to remain balanced.

"It comes with the territory of being a perfect human being."

Bella snickered.

Bailey glanced up from the pages of her book looking at her sister—despite not having much in common, despite not being talkative people, and despite not knowing much about one another they still had these moments of... sisterly bonding. Brief moments that to others would seem pointless and insignificant—but to the Swan family (specifically Charlie, Bailey and Bella) small moments were the foundation of their relationships.

"Roads are getting icy, I'll drive slowly," Bella said, reassuring her at her sister who had already gone back to reading.

Bailey didn't look up from her book, but she had stopped reading. She felt a sudden wave of emotion at Bella's concern. It was as if she already knew Bailey was reading to distract herself from the fact that thirty percent of car accidents occurred on snowy or icy roads. Unfortunately, Bailey couldn't quite place what she was feeling—she couldn't identify the emotion because she hardly ever felt this way. It began to irritate her; Bailey hated being clueless about things, after all, she was an insufferable know-it-all.