New Tings

Saturday February 14th, 2015
Jhene

Groaning loudly, I slowly sat up in my bed. What the hell happened last night? Lightly patting my body, I sighed in relief. At least I went to sleep with clothes on. This is probably the worst part about going to parties, waking up with a skull splitting migraine and no recollection of the night before.

Lightly shaking my head in regret, I mentally cursed Justine out. If she didn't bring up the idea of that damn party I wouldn't be here trying to get my dignity together.

"Baby let me know it's mine..." The smooth voice of Miguel startled me out my mental rant about Justine.

Reaching over to my nightstand where my phone was ringing, I slightly frowned at the unknown number displayed.

I usually don't answer unknown numbers because half the time it be bill collectors or some fake advertisement. However something in my gut made me answer the call.

"Hello?" I asked as politely as humanly possible.

"Wow..you actually sound nice. For the first time. Good job Jhene." A familiar deep voice chuckled.

Who the hell? Scrunching my face up, I held the phone away from my ear and looked at the number again. It had the area code, so it had to be someone I possibly met before if they know who I am.

"Who is this?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Damn you ain't save my num—oh..it's Vic. I was calling to check up on you. Last night was rough."

I softly sighed. No matter how hard I tried I cannot remember last night for the death of me. And that shit was slowly pissing me off.

"Oh hey Vic...can you tell me everything that went down last night?"

Over the phone I heard him laugh. I didn't know my drunken amnesia was amusing.

Sobering up from the joke I failed to find Vic yellow ass finally started listing off what happened. Starting from when we first seen each other.

"We met up in the kitchen and started talking. Then we drunk our asses off and got on the floor, Jhene I don't know who taught your ling ling ass to dance but you danced yo lil' ass off! I was like god damn this girl making me wanna nu—"

"Alright now that's where I'm gonna have to cut you off."

Vic loud laugh boomed through the phone, honestly startling me a bit. But I wasn't complaining...for some reason his laugh had me letting out a few giggles of my own. Soon we both was having a laughing fit.

After 5 more minutes of laughing we both calmed down and got back on operation 'HelpJheneRemember'.

"Okay so what happened after we danced Mr.Playa?"

"Some punk ass nigga tried to slide on me like I was some kinda hoe. And well that ended in a fight and police shutting down the party."

Suddenly flashbacks of the night started coming to me. Recollections of the dancing, Sean & Vic stepping head to head, people jumping in, and Justine pulling me out the middle all started pouring in.

Rolling my eyes at the memory of Sean drunken act pissed me off all over again. What he did and what he said was foul and uncalled for especially in the situation he's currently in. Shit like that calls for a ass whooping if you ask me.

"Yeah about the fight...that was my ex who was being disrespectful like that. He had no right to say that about your mom."

Vic chuckled. "I know, Justine told me. It's good shawty...he was just mad I was dancing with the baddest female in the room."

Laughing softly I shook my head. There's is never a time where Vic isn't trying to flirt.

"Well um sorry to cut this quick but I really need to get in the shower and eat."

"Oh go ahead, I'll just stay on the line."

I couldn't hold it in anymore, bursting out laughing I ended the call with that idiot and plugged my phone back on the charger. He had life fucked up if he think he was staying on the line.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Eggs? Check. Milk? Check. Ice Cream? Check. Waffles? Uncheck." Mentally smacking my head, I rolled my eyes in annoyance at myself. Of course I'll be the one to forget something and remember it just before I'm next in line.

Moving up in line, I gently placed my items on the belt and anxiously waited in line. Waiting is something that I can't do..especially in lines. I usually go to the express line but of course the machines wasn't working properly today. So I swallowed my pride and waltzed my ass to the regular check out line.

"Ma'am?"

Blinking out my thoughts, I sheepishly smiled at the somewhat familiar brown skin boy and quickly moved myself up in line.

"Oh hey Jhene."

As I looked in confusion at the boy, my mind raced with memories of meeting this stranger. Finally the memory of meeting three boys at the mall flashed to me. I immediately smiled back at awaiting Bryson.

"Hey Bryson!" I cheered.

Bryson chuckled and started ringing my items up. "I know you didn't remember me at first, it usually happens a lot."

Oops. I smiled sheepishly at Bryson and kind of felt bad. I mean I would feel some type of way if I said hey to someone first and they didn't recognize me.

Rubbing the back of my neck, I smiled at Bryson. "Last night was a blur so I'm still trying to get myself together."

Bryson nodded in understanding. "Yeah I don't even drink but I woke up sore, and confused at the events of the party. Oh and your total is $15.86."

Pulling out my card from my wallet and I chuckled. "For some reason I'm not even shocked that you're not a drinker. If anything you seem more of a weed smoker anyways."

Bryson shrugged and handed me my receipt. "Well that's because I am a 'weed smoker'. But I have my reasons for not drinking."

I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows in surprise. Imagining Bryson actually rolling a blunt and smoking seemed like an unrealistic thought. He just didn't seem like that type to do any sort of drug. But hey, everybody does something behind closed doors.  

Grabbing my bags and card, I quickly said a thank you and a farewell and hightailed it to my car. Don't get me wrong, talking to Bryson was nice but I felt the light-hearted conversation slowly turn into a serious one.

I spent all but 3 seconds throwing my bags into the car and speeding out the parking lot. For some stupid reason I leave my shades at home, making the sun give me a slight headache.

Taking deep breathes, I glanced on my phone noticing Sean was calling. Speaking of the damn devil. Quickly declining his call, I rolled my eyes. After the shit he did last night, he had another thing coming if I would've answered the phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was shitty af 😭 but i realized i was taking wayyyyy too long to update. so i'm gonna start updating fr now and the next chapters is gonna bring the heat 😎