Talk Show

Sunday, October 25th 2015
Jhene

It was around 10 o'clock at night and I was just getting home. The twins kept me busy all day, which I was definitely thankful for. But I was dog tired and all I wanted to do was throw myself on my bed, but I remember I had a call to make.

Sighing deeply, I got my phone out my coat pocket and made my way up the stairs to my room. Once I got to my room I went to Sean's contact number and pressed it. My heart went into overdrive when I heard the dial tone. Lord please let this be a civil conversation. I wasn't in the mood for a screaming match.

"Hello?"

Shivers went down my back as Sean's voice came through the phone. Lord, this man voice.

"H-hey." I stuttered. My heart was still in overdrive making my nervousness sky high.

Over the phone he laughed. "Why you so nervous baby?"

I paused. I don't even know why I was so nervous. Me and Sean talked over the phone all the time. Maybe I felt this was the conversation that could make or break us.

I let out a small chuckle to at least attempt to hide the nervousness. "I'm not. But what did you want to talk about?"

There was a moment of silence before Sean's voice came through. "Us."

I stopped breathing. This was the moment I dreaded but anticipated. This was the moment to determine whether we would work on us or move on...without each other.

When I didn't say anything Sean continued speaking.

"I realized that we not the same. We don't love the same like when we first started dating. And to be real with you I miss that. I miss speaking to my baby, I miss loving my baby."

And just like that, my nervousness washed away. He felt the way I did and I couldn't be any happier.

"I feel like the same way but...we can't get back like that if you out here messing with these other girls." aka Riya.

I heard Sean sigh. "Riya been got cut off. I'm not even worried about her no more Jhene. But you still got other people too." aka Derrick.

For the first time in a long time Sean was right. I can't be focused on us if Derrick still in the picture. I knew he would be hurt about me cutting him off but hey, I told him from the jump no feelings involved. And besides I'm ready to make it right again with my baby.

"Okay Sean I hear you."

"Good..what you up to?"

I sat down on my bed. The switch of topic threw me off but I smiled anyways. We was finally going to have a civil conversation.

"Um, I'm just chilling in my room."

In the background I heard a car door shut. Before I could ask him what the hell he was doing I heard a knock on my balcony door. What in the hell.

I got up real slow and walked to the balcony. Pulling back the curtain I seen Sean signaling for me to open the door. I smiled. Back like the old days. When I opened the door Sean immediately kissed me. Without a thought I kissed him back. Lord, I missed his kisses.

When we both pulled away we stood there grinning at each other, like we haven't seen each other in years. Then I stepped back and allowed Sean to move more into my room. He walked over the my wall of pictures and stopped.

Meanwhile I sat back down. I was still mad tired from the day with the twins, and I was all honesty ready to sleep. Whether Sean was here or not. But after that talk I couldn't bring myself to sleep, I guess I was just excited to have him in my presence. After about two minutes of him standing at my wall of pictures Sean finally spoke.

"Where are the pictures of us?" He still was facing the wall.

I frowned. I took any pictures of us down back when Sean first started getting wild. I always forgot to put them back up. But I did keep the pictures in a shoe box under my bed, anytime I felt like remembering I would pull the box out.

Instead of answering his question, I got up and pulled the box out from under my bed. Walking over to Sean I gently tapped his shoulder which made him turn to face me. He looked down at the box and looked into my eyes. Hurt and regret was a clear emotion in his face.

"I took the pictures down when we started changing. I couldn't stand looking at those pictures..so I took them down. I thought about burning it but my heart wouldn't let me. So I put it in here."

Sean took the box out my hands and set it down on my dresser. He then took both my hands in his and looked me in my eyes. I never seen him with so much emotion in his face, I was so use to his usual blank look. So this definitely took me by surprise.

"I'm so sorry." and with that he let my hands go and left my room.

All I could do was watch him leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next couple of weeks was...weird. After our little moment Sunday night, Sean came around more. He took me out for lunch and bought me whatever I asked for. During school he always carried my bags and walked me to every class. No lie I was loving the attention he gave me. It felt like when we first started dating.

But our sudden lovey dovey moments of course went unnoticed.

It was the last school day before Thanksgiving break and like every other person I was beyond ready to go home and enjoy my long ass week of no school. The twins had a doctor appointment and Sean had to start his break early with his family. So that left me by myself, but I wasn't complaining.

"Okay class I'm giving ya'll a over the break packet, it has-"

Just at that moment the bell rung. Signaling school was out for the week and lord was I happy. I was not trying to do no packet during my vacation. After quickly packing my book bag up I rushed out the class, following the bunch of students to the grassy square. Before I could make my way to the student parking lot I heard my name being called.

"Jhene!" That voice sounds real familiar.

Turning my head to the direction I heard the voice, I rolled my eyes when I seen Derrick rushing towards me. I haven't spoke to him since me and Sean decided to patch things up. I was hoping he would get the hint but I guess not.

I turned around and kept moving I was not trying to get caught up again. So I quickly continued my route to the parking lot. Thankfully my car was parked close, so I unlocked my door and hopped in. Hopefully Derrick would have realized I don't wanna speak and left my ass alone.

"Jhene, let's talk." I sighed. I thought I left this nigga back at the square.

I cracked my window just a little bit. I didn't want him getting any ideas.

"Look Derrick whatever we had. It's over with, okay?"

And just like that, I rolled my window back up and swerved out the parking spot. Maybe this time he got the hint.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and there you have it! I know its shorter than the last part but it didnt real right continuing on from that lil line. but I was thinking about writing the next part in seans pov to see wtf he got going on in his head :) hope yall enjoyed!

Vote. Comment