"Skip the run," she tempted me, as her lips osculated behind my ear. "I miss you."

"Then, don't move back home."

"Aiden," she whined at the mention of a delicate topic. I sat up against the headboard. The sense of doom that I would no longer have her here put my arms her waist. "Kora said the is the most efficient way to earn back my dad's trust in us. That's what we want, right?"

What we want. It was like I was living in a twilight zone.

"And, you trust Kora?" I asked, curiously.

"I believe she has one interest, the success of the mission. She won't do anything to jeopardise that. It is all she cares about. Well... that, and you of course. The only thing more important to her than ruining my father is you."

"Bee—" she kissed me before I could respond. I encouraged the pleasant interruption, squeezing her hips.

"It's not an issue," she clarified with a playful smirk, "just an observation."

"What are we doing right now?" She exhaled while her fingers played with the hair on the back of my neck.

"You tell me. I'm at your mercy. You know where I stand."

"I forgot about everything when I woke up this morning. For a short five seconds, none of the terrible stuff happened."  She said.

"No more vague responses. I need an answer." I said softly.

"I know," was all she said.

"We can't stay in limbo forever. Just tell me what you want to do. Don't think about it. Say what you're feeling, and we will go from there."

Her eyes immediately darted from mine. I wanted to shake the answer out of her.

"I don't know." She answered.

"Yes, you do. Say it." I pleaded.

My pulse raced as I waited for her answer. It made the most sense that she would leave me, but I wasn't ready to lose her yet. The thought of it sent uncomfortable knots to my stomach.

"A few months ago, I had this beautiful custom made white dress. It was my favorite piece of clothing, and someone spilled red wine on it at a party. I did everything I could to get the stain out, literally everything. After trying every remedy I could find, I accepted the stain can't disappear anymore than it has. For the most part, it's gone. I don't think anyone would be able to see it unless I pointed it out. Still, I never feel sure enough to wear it because I know the stain is still there." She explained.

"I thought you were going to be less vague. I'm not following what a dress has to do with this."

"The stain will always be there. As much as I want to wear the dress again, I don't know if I can with the stain still on it."

"Have you tried hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar?" I asked. The rarity of my nervousness left me squirming under the hand of my own emotions. It sent inappropriately timed sarcasm passed my lips before I could bite my tongue.

She smacked me with a pillow for a second time this morning and stood up from the bed. A smile creeped up on her face.

"I'm being serious, Aiden. A minute ago you were begging me to be honest with you. Now that I am, you can't even take it seriously."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean—"

"Just forget it. It's fine. I'm going to get changed."