twelve.

"Is Bridget still here?" Nick asked standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, she's in the shower. What you are still doing here?" I kept my voice low just in case.

"The cameras we planted in the Gallagher house caught the conversation between Kelsey and Alec. I have him on tape in his office hiring someone to kill her. The police received an anonymous tip that he had something to do with the murder, and they took him in for questioning. We need to figure out the next step." He said urgently.

"We can't do that now. She's here." I said.

"If we play this right, we can get him to go down for what he did to both our fathers by the end of the month. His relationship with Kelsey Allen and what he manipulated her into doing will bring out everything. We could use this to clear your father's name months ahead of schedule."

"Great, but none of that will happen if Bridget hears this. We will talk tomorrow. Goodnight Nick." I kept looking at the stairs to make sure she wasn't there.

"Fine, goodnight. Call me as soon as possible tomorrow. We can't screw this up." He warned.

I went upstairs to prepare a guest room for Bridget. The door opened as I pulled out some sheets. She finished her shower faster than I expected.

"Hey," she said behind me. I finished smoothing the duvet on the bed.

"Are you feeling a little better?" I asked.

"Yeah, thank you." She could sense the tension between us and the disappointment I felt in her.

"I'll let you get settled, then. I'm just down the hall if you need anything." I said, not wanting to stay long.

When I got to my bedroom, I wanted nothing more than to strategise with Kora, but I couldn't risk Bridget hearing us. Instead, I decided to try to sleep. My mind drifted into guilt. Kelsey Allen would probably be alive if it were not for the video planted at the event. The moment the guilt set in, Kai's lectures played in my head. Your emotions are only roadblocks. Guilt will be your biggest adversary, but only if you allow it to be.

The creak of my door opening pulled me away from my thoughts. Bridget stood in the door way nervously before entering.

"You're angry with me." She said as she climbed into my bed.

"I don't know if angry is the right word. It's just that I know this isn't you," I said honestly, "but I also know that you are struggling. I shouldn't have been so harsh."

"I'm sorry for all of this. I didn't even plan on coming here. I was out for a walk, and I was passing your house when I got the news alert about Kelsey and..." she trailed off. I moved from my corner of the bed to wrap my arms around her.

"I put you in a terrible position, and I'm so sorry." She said with her head nuzzled into my neck.

"Bridget, it is not about that. I know he is your dad. I would have done anything for my family when I had them, but you are a good person. You have strong morals. You are warm and generous and compassionate. Covering up a murder for your dad is not who you are."

She looked up at me, conflict so clear on her face. I felt her wanting to squirm out of the conversation.

"I don't know what else to do." My arms tightened as her voice cracked.