Valentines Day Gone Wrong

I woke to the buzzing of my phone. I flopped over grabbing it, seeing it was a message from Hayes. 

Good morning princess. Happy Valentines day! I love you, and can't wait to see you!

My heart fluttered as I re-read it. Well Good morning to you! I love you too <3

I lifted myself out of bed and started getting ready for the day.

I finished off with a french braid. Then I was off to work. 

~

The entire day consisted of Hayes surprising me. Or at least trying to. When I got to work, there was a bouquet of dead roses on my desk. Apparently they were delivered yesterday, and spent the night there with no water. Next was the chocolates. I was very pleased when they were delivered to me twenty minutes into working. But when I opened them..it was empty. I read the label on the back, wondering what the hell this was. Apparently Hayes ordered it from a fake-website. But none of it really mattered. What was important was our date later on..that is something I don't want to be ruined. 

Hey, just got home. Thank you very much for the roses and chocolates! You're the best! I clicked send. I didn't have the heart to tell him how it really went down. I'm so glad you liked them. Pick you up at 6..can't wait to see you <3 He replied. I hopped in the shower, getting ready for our special Valentine Days date. 

I slipped on my heels as I heard a knock on the door. I stopped in the mirror, making sure the outfit still suited. 

"Wow, you look stunning" Hayes complemented, embracing me in a hug

"Wow, you look stunning" Hayes complemented, embracing me in a hug. "Thank you, you don't look to shabby yourself." I said fixing his tie. He looked around the room. "Hey where are the roses I got you?" He asked. "Oh, there um still at the office. Everyone was gushing at how gorgeous they were, so I left them there to remind everybody what a great boyfriend I have" I lied, leaning in for a kiss. I pecked his lips, smiling afterwards. "You're to sweet." He gushed. "You ready?" He asked holding his arm out. "Lets go" I piped, linking my arm with his. 

We were an hour into the amazing date until one of my co-workers came in with her date. I got away for a while without going noticed. 

"Y/n? Is that you? Oh my gosh hey you two!" Oh no. I turned to face her smiling on the outside, panicking on the inside. "Hey y/f/n." Hayes greeted. "Who are you here with?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows. She blushed, lowering her head. "It's this guy I've been talking to for a while..nothing much." She shrugged..still blushing like crazy. "He's not bad, girl." I said observing him as he was busy looking at his menu. "I know right." She squealed. "So I guess you took y/n here to make up for the other stuff huh?" She asked laughing. Oh no. Hayes looked at her then at me. "What do you mean?" Hayes asked. "Oh you know the dead flowers and empty box of chocolates. Poor y/n the whole office was rolling." She said chuckling. "Anyways you two have fun..I know I will" She said winking, then running off back to her hot date. 

I slowly looked at Hayes, who was already staring at me. "The flowers were beautiful..they were just left out all night. And I think you might have ordered the chocolates from a sketchy website. There was nothing inside.." I trailed off, worried about his reaction. "Ugh, y/n why didn't you tell me?" He pouted. "Because it didn't even matter. You're what matters. I was really only cared about this date to be honest." I admitted. "Why?" He asked. "Well" I shrugged. "Because I get to see you." I said smiling. I laughed as a tint of red stretched across his face. "Well lucky for you, I still have one more surprise for you. And it can't possibly go wrong." He said confidentially. It was my turn to blush hard core. "So, lets get out of here." He said signing the check. 

"Hayes I can't see." I said almost slipping. Hayes wrapped his arms around me, guiding me to his front door. "That's the point honey." He said. I could hear the key clicking, and the door swinging open. Then it was just silence. "Hayes?" I asked, reaching up for my blindfold. "No! Don't take it off..it's uh not ready." Hayes said, obviously panicking. "Hayes whatever it is, I'm sure I'll love i-"

I froze when I saw the scene in front of me. Food was thrown all across the room. Wax from candles were spilled on the floor. Lights that had once been strung, now laid on the ground, smashed. And in the center stood Zan wagging his tail. "Uh oh" I muttered. Hayes spun around to face me. "Just give me thirty minutes and I promise I'll have this place cleaned up and read-

"Hayes, Listen" I started grabbing his shoulders. "I don't need the 14th of February to let you know how it feels whenever you smile at me. I don't need this day to tell you how much I love you when you are lost talking about what you love. Nor do I need this day to let you know how the littlest of things you do, affect me in every single possible way I can imagine. I don't need Valentine's day to let you know how much I adore you. Hayes Grier, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I wouldn't trade you for the world"

He stared at me for a moment, before crashing his lips into mine. I smiled into the kiss. "I love you so much y/n. What did I do to deserve you?" He asked. "Apparently not much" I joked. "Now I just have one question.." He trailed off. "Wheres my present?" He asked. "Well that's for later Mr. Grier, I said bending over to pick up a table. "Or now" He said throwing me over his shoulder and racing upstairs, with me laughing.