Father Like Son

My son came in the door with a sad confused expression on his face. I put my book down, ready to see what was the matter. "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked. He sat the bouquet of roses on a table and looked at me. "Well I went to her house, wanting to apologize for whatever I did, and she got really mad" He started, even more confused. "She said not to talk to her, and she threw the roses back in my face. She was scary mom. What did I do?" He asked bewildered. I laughed, remembering my similar experience with a boy.

*Flashback

"I had a great time" I said. "Me too, I'm really glad you came to my game. You had to be the loudest cheerer. I could hear you all the way out in the field" He laughed, wrapping his arm around me. "Oh c'mon, I gotta cheer for the best football player on the team." I shrugged. "oh, shit I forgot my helmet. Wait here, I'll be right back." He said running back to the locker room. "Hurry up!" I called out. He looked back and smiled. I got on my phone while I waited.

I finally saw his figure start to come out the door. But someone was with him. It was (A bitch you hate). This can't be good. She followed him like a lost puppy. From here I could tell he was trying to be nice, but at the same time get the hell away from her. 

All of a sudden she grabbed him, and smashed her lips into him. My jaw dropped. The worst part was that he didn't move. I grabbed my car keys, and ran to my car. From behind I could hear him calling my name.

I jumped into my car, and cranked it. "Y/n wait!" He yelled banging my window. "Get away from the car asshole!" I screamed, and shifted in reverse, almost running him over. He watched in defeat as I sped off onto the road. I ripped off the necklace he gave me, and threw it out the window.

I must've spent hours crying on my bed eating chocolate, and watching sappy movies. I noticed it was almost around midnight. I decided to go to sleep, and figure everything out in the morning. I was finally drifting to sleep, when I heard a noise at my window. I ignored it, and closed my eyes again. The noise came again, making me frustrated. I flopped over, and turned to the window. I walked over to it, and threw open the curtains. 

He stood there with a bouquet of roses. I opened my window seriously pissed off that he's even in my presence. "What?" I growled. "Y/n, I'm sorry she came on to me. All I was trying to do was get back to you. Trust me, she was trying to do much worse things inside-"

"No wonder you took so long" I said gritting my teeth. His eyes widened at what he said. "No! No, not like that. She kept throwing herself at me, and I was trying to get outta there. Y/n please you gotta believe me." He begged. "I believe you" I said. A wave of relief relaxed on his face. "But, I'm still furious with you because of what you did when she kissed you" I said, my voice raising. He looked lost as to why I was still mad at him..which made me even more mad. I grabbed the roses, and shoved them into his chest, with more force than I intended.I sighed in anger, and slammed the window shut, closing the curtains. I flopped on my bed, soon falling asleep.

The next morning I woke up to my phone buzzing. It read a message from him. I sighed, and opened it. 

Y/n, I'm sorry for yesterday. I don't exactly know why your still mad, but whatever the reason I'm sorry. I'll be at the cafe waiting for you. 

After thinking it through, I eventually got up, and started to get ready.

~

He sat there fiddling with a sugar packet, looking nervous as ever. I walked up to his table, still going unnoticeable. I pulled out the chair, and sat myself down. His head jerked up. "Y/n" He said with his face lit. He coughed, and calmed his expression. "y/n" He said in a more calmer tone. I chuckled at him. "Look I'm sorry-" He started "No, I'm sorry. I should've explained why I was mad. That's why I came. When she kissed you..you didn't move. It just scared me." I said nervously. He gave me a slight smile, and grabbed my hand. "You don't need to be scared. I couldn't move, she was holding me from behind. Trust me, I don't want anything with her" He laughed. I cracked a smile. "Promise?" I asked holding up my pinky. "Promise" He responded, wrapping his finger around mine. "By the way, I found this in the street." He said smirking, holding up the necklace. 

*flashback over

"What's so funny?" He asked. "Oh, nothing. I just know what the poor girl is going through." I chuckled. "Poor? She's madder than a hornet." Hayes said from behind me. "Dad, what do I do?" He sighed, desperate for information. "Try what I did. Ask her to meet somewhere tomorrow. If she doesn't respond. Wait. If she doesn't come..wait." Hayes said sitting beside me, wrapping his arm around me. He nodded and ran up to his room. "You think she'll forgive him?" I asked. "Depends what he did." He shrugged. "Maybe I should go ask him." I wondered. "He's gone. He went to her." He said. I turned to him, surprised. "How do you know?" I asked. "He took the flowers" He said smirking. I laughed, and snuggled into his chest, fiddling with a necklace between my fingers.

WAS THIS CUTE? I THOUGHT IT WAS