Chapter 46

Escaped: Chapter 46

Harry and I sat in that room for hours, I guessed.

I held him and he held me. The tears stopped and so did the screaming.

The silence was almost just as bad.

But it carried on for a long time before Harry finally spoke up, his voice hoarse.

"You're bleeding," he croaked.

I was about to tell him that I wasn't the one we should be worried about when I noticed what he meant.

I left calf was bleeding, a bullet wound in my leg.

My adrenaline was pumping so much that I hadn't even realized I had been shot.

Without another word he removed his hoodie. He pulled the string from it and tied it around my leg so tightly that I almost immediately lost the feeling in my toes.

"Harry-" I started.

"You've lost a lot of blood. This will keep you from losing anymore."

I hesitated before telling him, "I'm sorry."

He opened his mouth but I cut him off.

"And I know being sorry won't bring her back but-"

"The least we can do is put these motherfuckers in the ground," he said, finishing my thought.

I nodded.

He grabbed my hand and I saw for the first time just how bloody and bruised his knuckles were.

"Thanks, Char," he said.

I nodded again.

"Of course," I said, nearly whispering.

The door opened and I saw the silhouette of a person stumble into the room.

A battered Liam grunted as he fell to his knees, the door slamming behind him.

Harry stepped forward and, grasping one of Liam's arms, helped him limp over to the corner where we had been sitting.

I stood up.

"Liam, oh my God-"

His knees buckled and he fell to the floor.

Harry and I helped him sit up.

"I thought I told you to go," he seethed.

"I tried," I said. "But someone cut me off. It was the same guy from-"

"The Wanted, I know," Liam said. "They're back and they're out for blood."

"No shit," Harry spat.

Liam stared at Harry for second.

"I'm so sorry, mate," he said.

Harry gave a curt nod in response.

"So," I said. "What's the plan?"

They both just looked at me and I realized; we didn't have one.