Chapter 33

Escaped: Chapter 33

"Your parents?" Perrie asked once I had finished telling my story.

I nodded.

"I didn't know what to do..." I trailed off.

Gemma spoke up.

"Why did you run?" She asked. "I mean, didn't you want to see them?"

"No," I spat. "Well, my mom, I guess..."

Her brow furrowed.

"Why not your dad?" She asked, not taking her eyes off the road, even though no one was around.

"Because he's a sadistic asshole," I said, my voice rising. "But my mom..." I trailed off, again.

I couldn't talk about her.

My mom was great. She, for the beginning of my time spent in secondary school, was my only friend. She'd been there when my first and only boyfriend cheated on me. She'd been there for all the things like my first day of school when I was young and my first period.

A little personal, I know. You get the point.

Tiffany Hale had been my rock throughout my entire life. I hated being away from her.

We pulled into Gemma's drive after a couple minutes of silence.

We all hopped out of the car and began taking in the shopping.

On my way towards the door, it opened and Liam came out.

He walked right over to me and put his arms around me.

"Perrie texted me," he said into my hair. "I'm so sorry, love-"

"It's okay," I cut him off. "Let's just go inside."

-

That night I spent with Liam.

I know what you're thinking, but nothing happened.

I was just feeling extremely lonely. We'd stayed up late in his room, talking and when I had started to drift off, he picked me to take me to my room.

"Wait," I told him. "Can I just... Stay here tonight? I don't want to be by myself..."

Since coming to Gemma's I'd gotten my own room because Eleanor and Perrie had both decided to share a room with their boyfriends.

"Of course."

He sat me back down on the bed and laid down next to me, keeping his strong arms around me.

"I never want you to feel like your alone. I'll always be here for you."

His breath tickled my ear and I felt tears coming to my eyes.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I mumbled.

"Shh... Go to sleep."

And I did fall asleep while he stroked my hair, soothingly.

A/N: Did this one suck? Sorry if it did... It was kind of just there to get things moving in the right direction.

Anyways, things'll pick up soon, don't worry :)