Chapter 4

Escaped: Chapter 4

I stayed quiet in the back seat. I didn't ask anymore questions. I looked out the window to see nothing but farm land stretching for miles.

We were on a little road that ran through the middle of nowhere. I hadn't seen a single other car since I'd woken up.

Time seemed to move in slow motion but after what I guessed was about 45 minutes of silence, I heard a phone ring.

Liam reached into the center consul and pulled out a flip phone which he tossed to Niall.

"Hello," he grunted. After a second he broke into a grin.

"Hey, mate," he said. He turned to Liam and mouthed something to him. Undoubtably, the name of whoever was on the phone. "How ya been? ... Oh, you heard? ..."

He laughed.

"Yeah, on our way up now. ... Oh, really?... Cool, we'll be there soon enough."

He slapped the phone shut and put it back into it's home in the center consul.

"What'd he want?" Liam asked

"He's closer than the others. Was doing a job. He was heading back when he heard we were out."

"So where is he now?"

"Just a couple miles up. At a Seven Eleven."

Liam nodded, then reached over and smacked Niall right across the back of the head.

Niall winced but chuckled. It must've been some kind of inside joke.

The car went silent again.
Liam didn't seem to like this so he called to me in the back seat.

"Charlotte?"

My head snapped up.

"What's your last name?"

"Hale," I said quietly.

The car squealed to a stop when Liam slammed on the breaks.

"What?!" He cried spinning around in his seat.

Niall's eye were wide as he asked me, "Hale? As in Benjamin Hale?"

I nodded.

"He's your father?" Liam asked me.

I nodded again.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting him to start laughing. And that's just what he did.

Niall chuckled too and Liam said, "Well, well, well.. Maybe there is a God because this is just too perfect."

"What?" I asked.

He smiled and said, "just keep your mouth shut, babe. We've got a long ride ahead of us."