Chapter 30

Escaped: Chapter 30

I yawned and leaned my head against the window. Eleanor and Perrie were asleep next to me.

Harry had been driving for nearly four hours.

"We almost there?" I asked him.

"Far from it," he said, flashing me an apologetic look.

"So where are we going? Do you have another isolated cabin in the middle of nowhere?"

Niall chuckled.

"Not quite," Harry said. "Although, you aren't far off with the isolated part, we're going to see my sister."

I perked up.

"You have a sister? Cool. What's her name? Where does she live? Is she older or younger than you?"

"Woah, calm down, Char," he laughed. "Not so many questions."

"C'mon," I said nudging his shoulder.

"How about we leave it at 'you'll fine out when we get there.'"

"Hmph!" I slouched back in my seat.

Harry smiled and looked back at me.

"Her name's Gemma," he said.

"Oi!" Niall called. "Eyes on the road before you get us all killed."

-

-~two months later~-

It was wet and muddy as spring approached at Gemma Styles' lake house.

I was sitting on the back porch steps, a sketch book and pencil in hand.

A year ago, I had absolutely no desire to draw or sketch but seeing some of Gemma's work sparked an interest in me.

She got me my own book as a "welcome present," she'd said, even though we had already been there for a week and a half.

I heard the screen door swing open and then bang shut.

Liam sat down next to me.

"I'm not interrupting, am I?" He asked, taking a look at my drawing.

"Nope," I said, popping the p. "In fact, I welcome the company."

A comfortable silence fell over us.

He was looking out at the water and I was looking at him. I loved to look at Liam when he didn't know I was watching. The unguarded look on his face. The way his muscles relaxed.

"How come we always end up by a lake somewhere?" He said, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"I dunno," I said setting my sketch book next to me.

He put a strong arm around my shoulder and pulled me close.

"But I can't wait until it's summer and warm and we can go swimming or I don't know, have a picnic or something." I was really just thinking out loud by now.

He chuckled.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Do you know how cheesy you sound right now?" He was smirking.

I jokingly pushed his chest.

I got up to dramatically walk away from him but he slipped his arms around my waist.

"I don't think so," he growled.

He pulled me into his lap and whispered into my ear.

"Where do you think your going?"

"I don't know," I said playfully. "Anywhere I feel like going. I'm a free person, you can't tell me what to do."

He spun us around and pushed me backward onto the porch.

He put a hand on either side of me.

He leaned down so our faces were centimeters apart.

"You sure about that?" He said, huskily.

We laid there, unmoving, for another moment. I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair until my hands traveled down to his neck. Then, I pulled him forward and connected our lips.

As our lips moved my fingers stayed in Liam's hair while I felt his hands, one gripping my waist, the other holding himself above me.

"Ack! Not on my porch! Gross!" Gemma stood in the doorway. "Your room's upstairs if you wanna screw each other," she said, smirking.

My face went scarlet and Liam chuckled.

"Why do we always seemed to get interrupted by a Styles," he said.

A/N: Too uneventful? Sorry, we can't have gunfights all the time ;)

Maybe the next one will be better.

I'll do my best :)