IX ;ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹

Start from the beginning

A pair of ash-grey eyes. The eyes that seem already dead and...got no soul in it no more.

The eyes that can make people questioning themselves back with this kind of questionㅡ 'am I dead already?'

Because that eyes, had almost made Jaehyun thought like that within miliseconds.

Jaehyun thought he was already dead. In his own dream. And that girl, may had came for him as hisㅡ angel.

Whilst the eyes still burning into his, he had another thought.

What if he was still alive, would that girl actually his suppose to be soulmate? And what if, his dream actually gave him the hint of his future?

What could actually had been told to him from his own dream? That girl is worth to sacrifice his half life...?

"Lie."

Snapped from his own thought, his eyes met again with the already-dead-eyes.

The fear suddenly bubbling up, making his breathing became unsteady and hitched.

Again, what if?

"If you want her, you need to do something. Because...there's nothing free to have in this world, am I right?"

He nodded like an obey little child. Nonetheless, Jaehyun agree with the devil like creature's word, there's nothing free on this earth. Everything will need a price to have it.

It's a give and take rule.

Trembling, he tried his best not to fall right in front of it. He was scared, of the consequences that will come to himㅡ the thing that creature wanted him to do, for his wish to come true.

"Then..."

He trailed his word and gently asked it, voice as soothing as the night's wind of autumn.

"...if you give me what I want the most..."

He bit his lower lips once, preventing his lips from trembling too much than he should already.

Unfortunately, the creature can smell his fear easily without looking through it deadly eyes.

After all, it was not a human.

It smirked deviously, waiting with full of pride for Jaehyun to complete his word.

It knew alreadyㅡ Jaehyun going to get down at it, anything for the girl, whom he believed to be his soulmate.

The devil like creature smirked as it thought, humans are the easiest prey of all.

"All I've to do is lie. Is that the price for the give and take's rule of yours?"

And it laughed, causing Jaehyun helplessly looked around to see if there was something else beside him and the devil.

He tried and he couldn't find anything.

It had been him and the devil for the entire time. The girl had disappeared to nowhere.

WITHOUT YOU, I'M NOTHING

So he closed his eyes, bracing himself for anything that could happen to him and his futureㅡ the unknown.

He couldn't believe the fact he actually exchanging something with the devil for real at that momentㅡ between time that was pause for a while and his own...dream.