☆24☆

Gina blinked and looked away from the sad sight that was her friend. "Shut up, Nari," she mumbled, quickly pulling into traffic. "Don't be so resolved."

She lifted a hand from the steering wheel and swiped away tears now spilling from her own eyes. She had never met Nari's sister but she had heard Nari giggling when her sister would text and she knew they were super close.

Nari turned her face to the bright and sunny city scape and watched as it quickly raced by. She hated that Gina was putting their lives at risk to hurry them towards something that was guaranteed to be even more sad. Her mother was sobbing so much that Nari's aunt had to take the phone from her and explain what had happened but only in basic terms. She would have to talk to her mother to actually find out what happened.

"I love you, Eonni!"

Nana's last text haunted Nari. She reflected back on all the times she was impatient with Nana, not listening to her spill about BTS, making fun of her taste in music, or thinking she was crazy for being such a dedicated fan.

"Goodnight, Jimin Oppa," Nana whispered to the poster on the wall. She smiled sweetly, poking his glossy paper cheek.

"Nana, seriously, that's so silly what you're doing. Why are you doing that anyway? It's just a poster," smirked Nari.

"I'm practicing," Nana pouted, flinging herself into the bottom bunk, shaking the frame slightly.

"For what?!" howled Nari.

"For if I ever meet him. He's so precious. If I met him today I would barely be able to squeak out a word. So, I figure if I practice saying goodnight to his smiling face every night when I ever do finally meet him, I'll be able to speak coherent sentences." Nana smiled up at the other poster she kept taped to the bottom of Nari's bed.

"I hope I get to meet him someday," she whispered softly.

Nari leaned over the edge of the bed at the goofy smile on her little sister's face. "Yeah, sure, like that will ever happen." She laughed as Nana kicked her bed from below.

Nari woke up from the memory, sobbing and shaking. Her sister's dream had come true in so many ways. She had gotten to meet Jimin, and not at some sanctioned fansign, but privately. She had even been able to speak to him coherently and laugh as well as take a picture. Nari bit on her bottom lip to keep it from quivering so much.

Gina kept an eye on her friend as she drove. She stopped at a rest area and grabbed some bottled water for them both but Nari barely drank any of it. Food was absolutely not desired and even Gina didn't want to eat. The only sounds were Nari's unceasing sniffling and occasional sobs.

About an hour away from their destination, all noises stopped and Gina was alarmed as she looked over to see her friend sleeping, her tears still flowing from swollen eyes. Gina felt awful for her friend. How could she even help in this kind of situation?

When she had first moved into her room, Gina didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. She wasn't thrilled her parents made her live on campus. She considered herself strange and everyone seemed to agree. However, when she moved in and met Nari, she found someone who, even though she may have been a bit caught off guard with Gina's hair color, still spoke to her like she was a person. When Gina blew her off and didn't try to talk to her, Nari still tried. She came and sat with her at lunch whenever she could. Gina had loved playing the duet with her for their recital. She felt like this girl was her rock. Now her rock was shaking, and Gina felt it was her turn to hold her up and keep her strong.