Plans For The Immediate Future

Start from the beginning

Harvey deflected Duchess Rowen's verbal attack to Prince Raiden.  Turning to Prince Raiden she was about to give him an earful when he held up his hand and answered her.

"Before you say something you will regret, be advise that this Prince has already provided this Prince's golden gift with all the necessities that this Prince can afford. This Prince's golden gift, is not someone who dresses in frivolity.  This Prince golden gift had just spent the day at Wilder Orphanage helping and playing with the children there.  Ruining a dress made of silk and lace would not help anyone.  Nor is this Prince's golden gift there to impress anyone. This Prince have gifted this Prince's golden gift with clothes and jewelry made for royalty for this Prince's golden gift's birthday."

Duchess Rowen humped loudly and cupped Jewels face. "Grandma Rowen has heard everything about you and has rushed here with the intentions of making sure you are alright. You let Grandma know if anyone bully's you. Grandman Rowen will punish them for you."

"Will Grandma Rowen really punish those who bully Jewels?" Jewels asked as she looked at Harvey, Lana and Maria.

Duchess Rowen understood the look Jewels gave the rest and hooked her arms with Jewels.  "So this is how the famed General Harvey treats my granddaughter?  After failing to find, kill, and uproot those who attack my daughter and granddaughter, you instead let my daughter die in vain and treat her daughter disdainfully! I told her you were no good!  I told her that she if she married you, she would have misfortune befall on to her.  The only good thing that you gave her was Jemma here." 

Not being able to retort back, Harvey held on to his anger as he became red faced. 

"And these two people here are?" Jewels reminded them.

"This is your Uncle Sam and your Aunt Nora." Grandma Rowen told her.  "Uncle Sam is older than your mother by two years."

"Very pleased to finally meet you." Jewels said as she curtsied towards them. 

"Come here girl,"  Uncle Sam said as he hooked his arms around Jewels and brought her towards his arms that still held Nora. "We're family, we Rowen's hug not curtsy." 

Raiden's face did not look pleasing, however he did not say anything.  He would let the Rowen's have their way for now, however at the end of the day, Jewels will be in his arms.

"Um," Jewels interjected as she extracted herself out of his arms. "Can you call me Jewels instead of Jemma?"

"If that is what you wish for darling, we will call you Jewels instead of Jemma," Aunt Nora said as she unhooked herself from her husband and sat down. As she sat down, she dragged Jewels to sit down next to her and Duchess Rowen.

"Do you know anything about your mother or anything about us?" Nora asks Jewels.

"No, I'm sorry, but I don't. I remember somethings about her, but I really don't know anything at all."

Duchess Rowen became more angry and stared daggers at Harvey and Lana.

"Did you know that your step mother Lana is cousins with your mother?" Nora asked.

Shaking her head no, Jewels brought more anger to everyone in the room.

"Your grandmother is Duchess Ivy Rowen and your grandfather is Duke Harper Rowen. Uncle Sam is the eldest child and your mother is the youngest child. As you should know by now, we are not from Madewell Kingdom, we are from Mulberry Kingdom."

"Child," Duchess Rowen injected. "You must forgive us for not coming sooner. We have just heard of all the horrible things you have experienced last week and rushed here to help you. When we found out, did you know Grandmother went directly to see the King of Madewell and demanded that he pay reparations to you. And when we found out that instead you were given as a gift to Prince Raiden of Redbane, do you know how unjustly we felt that we failed Iris and you?"