Prologue

• Dedicated to The Vampire Diaries AMAZING cast!

Hey so this is my first (published) Vampire story! It's the background story of Caroline and Klaus (I just hope they get together! So cute!) Anyway, hope you like it! Tell me what you think in the comment section! Thanks for reading! Here's the prologue! (PS: I love the pic of them on the side! They're both strong-willed and sensitive at the same time!)

I woke up this morning with a headache. Last night was such a disaster. Damon and Stefan had this great plan to kill all the Original kids, and I was part of it. I was supposed to distract Klaus. I just thought that they were going to try to change the whole deal. What I didn't expect was for Klaus to open up to me. I got a glimpse of the person he was.

Then...it happened. Someone staked Klaus' brother in the ally behind The Grill, and since they were all linked, Klaus started to die. I freaked out, because I had no idea what was going on. But then, it stopped. Klaus looked fine, except for the fact that he blamed me. I swore that I didn't do anything, but he couldn't hear me over his yelling. Pushing me away, he stormed off to find his brother, leaving me alone, at night, on the side of the road.

I called Elena that night, who didn't pick up. So I decided to try Bonnie. After hearing what happened, I went to her house. Her mom had used all her energy and was near death. Elena came by, but I had to send her away, for Bonnie. I didn't mean to make her feel bad if I did. I loved all my friends, but I was thinking a lot last night about Klaus.

Do I love him too?