Chapter 3

I watched with wide eyes as the door swung open, revealing the silhouette of a tall, burly man. I started screaming and jumped up. I swung the bat wildly, hoping to get in some good hits. I felt the bat hit something solid, and the man let out a satisfying yelp of pain. I heard him start yelling something at me, but I was screaming too much and in too much of a panic to understand him. I started crying hysterically as I swung that bat at him. I felt the man grab the bat and I started trying the wrench the bat back, but then just fell to my knees, sobbing.

“Please don’t kill me! Please, please don’t kill me! Oh my God, please. Don’t kill me!” I sobbed hysterically. I heard the bat drop, and arms start to wrap around me. I struggled against the arms.

“Let go! Get off! Get off! Go away! Get away from me! Please, just leave! You can have whatever you want, just please. Leave!” I screamed at the person.

“Stop struggling! I’m not going to hurt you! Calm down! You’re going to hurt yourself with all this thrashing and struggling! I don’t want to hurt you,” The man explained, trying to subdue me. I eventually submitted to him, letting him wrap his arms around me, as I cried waterfalls. I cried for my parents. I cried for my brother. I cried for the people who had undoubtedly died in the horror I had witnessed. I cried for the world. I cried for myself. All the emotions I had been trying to subdue all morning were unleashed. I felt myself be lifted after a while, but I was too tired from crying to bother struggling. I just hoped they didn’t find Avi. Oh God. Avi. I wonder what she was doing now. But all thoughts were sent to the back of my brain as I felt myself be put down on my bed. I tried struggling more, but the emotional stress of the day had already sapped all my energy and I immediately settled into a deep slumber.

                I awoke to the sound of hushed talking. I didn’t recognize the voices, but as I looked out my window, which was oddly open, all the events from before came rushing back, causing me to bolt up in my bed. I looked around, trying to find the source of the voices. I saw my bedroom door cracked open, and I saw shadows under the door. They were still here. I quickly tried to figure out what to do. They didn’t seem too bad, but anybody who would break into my house, and search it, is obviously up to no good. I considered getting Avi, who I figured was still in the laundry basket, and climb out my window, but I didn’t think we’d get far, and it’d be risky climbing down, especially with a baby in my arms, if not impossible. I saw my bat poking out the closet, and an idea occurred to me. I slinked out of bed as silently as I could, and crept my way across my room, being as quiet as a mouse. I picked up a couple extension cords I kept in my closet, along with some scarves and belts, and then picked up my bat. I quietly walked behind my door, so they wouldn’t see me when they opened the door. Now all I had to do was wait for them to come check on me.

                After about 10 minutes, I started to get impatient. Then I saw, or rather heard, my opportunity.

“ Hey man, I gotta piss, I’ll be right back” I heard one of the voices say.

“Alright” The other said

                I listened intently for the footsteps indicating the other had left. When I heard them fade downstairs, I decided to put my plan into action. I picked up a shoe that was laying by my door, and, with careful aim, tossed it at my bed, trying to make as much noise as possible. I held my breath as it made contact, but it didn’t make as much noise as I thought it would, and the guard didn’t seem to notice. Sighing in annoyance, I picked up another nearby object, and just threw it at my bedside lamp. I wasn’t exactly worried about lamps at this very moment. The object (which happened to be a basketball) knocked the lamp off the table, causing it and the basketball to make a loud noise. My heart started to race as I heard the guard cuss under his breath and saw the handle of the door turn. It seemed familiar, but this time I had a plan. The guard opened the door, and walked into the room. I crept up behind him, bringing the bat above my head, then brought it down. The metal made contact with his skull, causing his body to instantly crumple. I cringed at his body. I didn’t really mean to kill him. I knelt down, quickly checking him for a pulse, sighing in relief when I heard one, but reminded myself that the other guard would most likely have heard his body hit the floor, and I would have to hurry and hide myself again. This guy would be out for a while, so I wasn’t really worried about him. I heard the other man yell up the stairs. I quickly shut my door, and hid in the same spot. A second later, the other man came bursting into my room, cursing loudly when he saw his partner-in-crime on the floor. I tip-toed behind him, and brought the bat to his skull with the same force as the other man. He went down just as fast. I checked his pulse, then got my other materials and tied them up. I noticed that they had backpacks with them. I smirked. Now look who’s getting robbed. I cut my gloating short, deciding to just strip them of any weapons, then get Avi some place more secure. 

A/N

Chapter 3! I'd really love some feedback. Is it too gloomy? Do I need to add a happy part? Is it not gloomy enough? Also, the external link is a picture of Riley, or at least, the person I'm having play Riley at this point in time. :P 

VOTE, COMMENT, RATE, FAN, PUT IT IN YOUR LIBRARY
ALL THAT GOOD STUFF! :D