The Billionaire's Housekeeper - Chapter 22

Sunlight poured through the open doors and spilled over the bed. Betsy blinked as she slowly awoke, her eyes resting upon the table and the food which remained uneaten. It was a shame it had all been left to spoil. They had been too preoccupied to return to their meals the night before. Instead they had been too consumed with feeding another hunger.

Raising her hands above her head, the blonde stretched out with a yawn. Her body ached in protest but it was a good ache. An ache that reminded her of everything which had happened the night before.

An arm wrapped around her waist and warm lips pressed against her shoulder. She didn't have to turn to know who it was. Nick's scent surrounded her like a comforting blanket as his fingers lightly stroked across her stomach. Occasionally they would graze across the scar which ran across her stomach but for once she didn't shy away from the memories. Nick had replaced them. He had spent hours getting to know every inch of her with gentle touches and soft kisses.

Betsy smiled and tilted her head back. Nick stared down at her, the start of a shadow forming across his jaw line. He was adorably rumpled, his hair sticking up at off angles where she had run her hands through it over and over again the night before. He offered a lazy, satisfied grin before he captured her lips.

The fire between them hadn't dissipated. To Betsy, now that she knew the full extent of what they were capable of together, it only felt more intense. It was harder to ignore. Before she could part her lips to deepen the kiss, Nick pulled away with a tortured groan.

"Good morning?" Betsy asked, turning within his hold so that she was pressed chest to chest. The light spattering of hair across his chest tickled against her chest. Her heart fluttered and her things clamped together. She was all too aware of all of the different places their bodies touched. In the light of day it felt intimate.

"Good morning," Nick replied, his lips brushing hers as he spoke.

"For a moment I thought I was going to wake up alone." Betsy murmured, her eyes staring up at his, allowing him to see the vulnerability within her gaze.

"I would never do that."

Betsy didn't reply. She simply nodded her head before pushing him onto his back. Then, snuggling close to his side, she placed her head on his chest. Her ear was directly over his heart. The small spattering of chest hair tickled her check as she listened to his heart beat. It was strong and steady, skipping only when her finger tips stroked down his ribs. Who knew the big strong Nicholas Davenport would be ticklish?

"How long do you think we have before the children are awake?"

Nick chuckled, his chest shaking beneath her head. "They're already awake and having breakfast."

At the mention of food, a loud rumbling filled the air. Betsy's cheeks grew hot as she buried her face into Nick's chest. His hands stroked through her hair as he chuckled beneath her, his fingers disentangling her curls as he went.

"How about we get dressed and get some food? It's about time you made an appearance."

Betsy hid her face as it grew hotter. She knew there were people in the house. And yet, inside the intimate bubble they had created, it felt as if they were hidden away from the world. But they weren't.  No doubt the rest of the house knew exactly what they had been up to the night before. Betsy knew that she hadn't been quiet the night before. Nick had managed to break her free from her inhibitions with each kiss and touch he bestowed upon her naked body.  She had been so consumed with the way he was making her fee, she had given little thought or care to what the others might hear.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, because we only have the morning together before I get pulled into meetings with the board members. So you, my beautiful pixie, need to be fed." Nick's fingers tightened within her curls ever so slightly, gently tugging so she would lift her head from his chest. "I took the liberty of picking out your dress. It's hanging up in the bathroom. Wear it for me?"