Chapter 9: Picnic, ALDC Style

My alarm sounded through my room at 7:30 AM as i began to stir and rise from my slumber as today was saturday and today would be the first ever Abby Lee Dance Company picnic which would start as i saw the beautiful sun still rising over the ocean without a single cloud in sight. Then when i turn to the right, i see Abby staring at me with a smile on her face, she was wearing her usual black attire, but this time instead of her usual sneakers, she was wearing flip-flops. Brooke and Paige spent the night at Chloe's.

"Good Morning, my handsome king." Abby said.

"Good Morning, my wonderful dance queen." I replied as she and i exchanged a quick kiss as i got up from my bed and slipped my bare feet into some slippers.

"I can see you've been waiting for the picnic." She told me.

"Yep, we're gonna have a lot of fun today and with no clouds in sight, it's gonna be a pefect day for a picnic and i've got the food that was on the list." I said,

"I've got a surprise for you and it's in your living room." Abby told me.

"Ok, but first, i've gotta shower." I informed her as she nods, then i head to the bathroom and jump in the shower, i spray my six pack with axe spray deodorant, after i step out on the tile floor, i head for the sink, pull out a toothbrush and begin to brush my teeth, which makes my teeth a brightening white, i head back to my bedroom and put on a black a-shirt, blue jogging pants and a blue short sleeved shirt that's open.

"Ok, Abs, what's the surpr--" I was about to finish my sentence, until i had a shocked, and surprised look on my face and standing before me was Sophia Lucia with her mother, Jackie. Asia Monet Ray and her mother, Kristie and last but not least standing next to Asia was McKalyee True and her mother, Shari.

"I thought i'd invite a few old friends of yours and the girls to the picnic, so i made some phone calls two days ago." Abby told me.

"Hey, lil firecracker!" I exclaimed as i gave Asia a hug, i was so happy to see some old dancing friends.

"How have you been?" Asia asked me.

"I've been doing good." I replied, then McKaylee and Sophia latched theirselves on to me, giving me a hug.

"Hey, Jamaal." McKaylee said as she gave me a hug.

"I heard you and Abby are dating." Kristie said, raising her eyebrow.

"That we are." Abby admitted. "We've been dating since Christmas Eve last year, it all started when Gianna broke up with Jamaal and it hurt him a lot, two weeks later, Gianna came to me and asked me to be there for him and on Christmas eve, we admitted our love for each other and then on Christmas day, we told the girls and their mothers."

"I guess the fates wanted you two together." Shari said.

"Who's ready to go?"

"I'm ready!" Sophia, Asia and McKaylee

"If they're ready, then i'm ready." I chuckled as we headed to the RV and i drove to the park where the picnic was gonna be.

Abby, myself, Asia, Sophia, McKaylee, Kristie, Shari and Jackie arrived first at the Sequia National Park three hours later as i found a place and it had a shelter with picnic tables, a grill surrounded by lots of trees, and we pulled out the food that could feed two states and i was gonna put on the grill, the coolers that the pops would be in and we began to set it up as i put on a Kiss The Cook apron and put some of the food on the grill, then i feel two beefy arms around me.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh nothing, just to let you know, this was a very great idea of yours." Abby said as i looked at her, then i laughed a little.