Chapter 7: Picnic Plans

The next day, which was a sunday dawned on the City of Malibu as my alarm clock went off at 9:45 AM, i yawned as i sat up straight and woke up, i climbed out of bed in my beach house, i headed to the bathroom and showered. I then put on a Los Angeles Angels Albert Pujols Jersey, Blue Jeans and some sneakers.

"Morning, girls." I said to Brooke and Paige, who were watching TV.

"Morning, Jamaal." They replied.

"What are you planning to do today?" Brooke asked me.

"I'm gonna spend the day with Abby, we're gonna head into Los Angeles." I replied. "What about you two?"

"We're gonna go hangout with Chloe." Paige replied, then a couple of minutes later, we're all headed out the door as i took them over to Chloe's house so they could go somewhere and hang out for the day and then i headed over to Abby's house and when i got there, she's standing there in a black t-shirt and track pants.

"Hello, my favorite guy!" Abby smiled at me.

"Hello there, my beautiful." I said as Abby got in and i gave her a quick kiss as she put on her seatbelt and i began to drive to Los Angeles to do some shopping and have lunch.

"You're looking great as usual." Abby remarked.

"You look great yourself." I replied as we heded down the highway on our way to los angeles to spend a day together. "What are the girls up to, i know Brooke and Paige are hanging out with Chloe."

"Maddie and Mackenzie went bowling, Nia went to the movies with Kendall, Kalani is at an aquarium with Payton." I told her as we're driving the Streets of Los Angeles then my stomach began to growl, signaling that i'm hungry.

"Does the world Lunchtime ring a bell?" Abby smirked as she heard my stomach growl again.

"You know it." I laughed and we pulled into a TGI friday to get something to eat and i parked in the parking lot and we enter, we're given a two seat table and we look into the menu to see what we want

"Abby, how about we skip the appetizers and go straight for the food?" I suggested.

"Ok. what are you planning to get?"

"I'm gonna get the flat iron steak, what about you?" I said.

"I'm gonna have the

Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad." Abby replied to me as she looked at the menu, then a waiter came up to our table to take our orders.

"Hello, my name is Jake and i'll be your waiter today, what would you like?" Jake said as i looked ay Abby, which signaled that i was gonna let her order first.

"I would like the Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad, please."

"Ok, what would you like sir?" Jake asked me.

"I'll order the Flat Iron Steak with a coca cola to drink please."

"This steak tastes delicious and it's even more delicious with Jack Daniel's Sauce." I smiled as i said that, as i took another bite of my steak and after finishing up our meals, we order some ice cream.

"Abby?"

"You've got ice cream right about.........." I put some ice cream on her nose as she laughed at my antics, she knew i could make her laugh whenever she had a bad day at the studio even when i'm there.

"Why you little...." Abby playfully glared at me.

We then finished up our ice cream and paid the check, then got in the SUV and we arrived at the mall minutes later, we did some walking around and and some shopping but we mostly sat on some benches and two girls and their mother came up to us.

''I know you may be busy, but can we have autographs?"

"Sure!" Abby said as she pulled out two pens and i was handed one to sign the autographs and we took photos with the fans and they left with smiles on their faces

"I love the fans, Abby Lee." I smiled.

"Me too." Abby replied as we sat down and talked about past times.

"Jamaal, remember when Maddie woke you up with an air horn?" She reminded me.

"Oh, i remember that, i was asleep, dreaming about bowling over Cathy with a steamroller and just when the dream was complete, the loud sound of a air horn ruined it and i shot out of bed, hitting the ceiling, i chased Maddie in a fit of rage." I explained as the dance teacher laughed. "Remember the time when Chloe and Paige scared Gianna a few days halloween?"

"Yep, Gianna was doing some paperwork while we were in studio working on Kendall's solo and when Kendall did a aerial, we heard a scream and ran to the front desk to see what was wrong and it was Gianna looking scared and then we saw Chloe and Paige laugh as they took off their masks." Abby stated.

"But their laughter stopped when you gave them the look."

"You know it, i gave them a tongue lashing and for once their mothers didn't give me lip like they usually do."

"Abby, i just thought of something!" Something popped in my mind before i said it as she looked at me

"What's on your mind?"

"How about we have the first ever Abby Lee Dance Company picnic?" I suggested, then Abby looked at me with a big grin on her face.

"That is a wonderful idea! my dance company has never had a picnic before." Abby said. "Jamaal, you're a genius!" She gave me a kiss on the cheek as we were leaving the mall after doing some shopping.

"What do you want to do next?" Abby asked me as we put the bags in the rear of my Escalade, then i opened the door to let Abby drive this time and i'd sit in the passenger seat as we left the parking lot of the mall.

"How about we go to the Santa Monica Pier?"

"Hmmm, that sounds like a good idea."

We arrived at the Santa Monica Pier and it had a Roller Coaster, a Ferris Wheel, some stores, and a arcade as we parked into a

"Skee-Ball. When i was a kid, i was called the Skee Ball master because i used to roll the balls and they'd go in to the 50 or 100 points." I explained to her about the time i was the Skee Ball master by my friends and family, then we headed over to the Skee Ball Xtreme and i paid to play, then balls rolled out and when i was done, i had 600 points.

"I didn't know you were so good at that game!" Abby said, in stunned disbelief that i never hit anything below 100 and 50.

"Still got the midas touch of this game." I replied

"Want to ride the roller coaster?" Abby asked me.

"Yeah!" We then headed to the roller coaster and when we got on, it began to move and it was the fastest ride in my book as Abby and i were screaming in excitement and we got off after it came back for everyone to get off and let the next riders on.

"I've never yelled so loud in my life." Abby chuckled, talking about the riding the roller coaster.

"The most times i've heard you yell is whenever you annoy the bus driver on the way to a competition, or whenever the girls mess up in rehearsal, or when the moms annoy you to no end." I replied, laughing too.

"I had so much fun with you today!" Abby told me as we're headed to the parking lot to head home for the day, we had so much fun today, but it was time to relax and get ready for the picnic which would be this upcoming saturday.

"We should bring the girls over here one day and leave the moms at home, because they may do something stupid, especially Christi when she gets drunk!" I added as we got in the escalade and headed off to Malibu.

"I had a wonderful time with you as usual, but everytime is a wonderful time when i'm with you because you set my soul on fire with your love." I told Abby as she blushed, then i dropped her off at her house and i headed home to relax.

"Hey, Jamaal!" Paige said as i entered the beach house.

"Hey paige." I replied as i sait down

"How did it go?" Brooke asked me as i sat down.

"It was great." Then i told them what Me and Abby did that day, but didn't tell them about the picnic that we were gonna plan.