Chapter 1: The Announcement

It was another day at the Abby Lee Dance Company as the girls came in with their moms in their dance wear, ready for another day of dance rehearsals as the Moms were in their bare feet so they would not damage the floor.

"Girls, that was a horrible weekend at Starpower! we lost to Cathy and her rotten apples but you can thank Kalani for saving the day by beating Hadley AKA roadkill!" Abby yelled, very irate over losing to Cathy, but Kalani saved the day by getting being the only person in the ALDC to place.

"And out of the competitions i've been to with you guys, i've never seen Cathy beat you like that, that was embarrasing!" I growled, Like Abby, i loved the girls, but we could be strict if they messed up as we moved on to pyramid..

Here were the pyramid placings:
Top: Kalani
Middle: Maddie, Chloe, Nia
Bottom: Kendall, Mackenzie, Brooke, Paige.

"Girls, now that pyramid is out of the way, we've got an important announcement." Abby told everyone. "Can you guess what it is?"

"Are you and Jamaal getting married?" Paige asked, which made everyone, even Abby and myself laugh at that.

"Nope, even better." I replied.

"Are you finally going on a diet?" Christi asked, but Abby and i glare at her for that comment and after many guesses, which were all incorrect, one of them had to ask what the answer was.

"I think you should tell us, Miss Abby." Kalani said.

"I called the competition and told them that we won't be there because The Abby Lee Dance Company is moving to California!" Abby exclaimed. Maddie, Mackenzie and even Melissa have excited smiles on their faces, Paige and Brooke were annoyed about moving, but they had to take the good with the bad. Kalani, Nia and Kendall had uncertain looks on their faces because their friends were here, but in the back of their minds they knew that they would enjoy the california weather and make new friends but would always keep the old ones. The moms had various looks on their faces over leaving pittsburgh and living in Malibu.

"We've found property for the studio in Malibu and we'll be moving tomorrow." I said. "It will be located on Pacific Coast Highway just 10 feet of Heathercliff--"

"ABBY, IN ALL OF MY YEARS BEING IN THIS DANCE COMPANY, YOU'VE ALWAYS PUT DOWN BROOKE AND PAIGE EVERY CHANCE YOU AND THAT IDIOT BOYFRIEND OF YOURS GET!" Kelly raged, causing me to recoil from her tirade as the moms were looking on in anger, they finally had enough of Kelly causing drama whenever her daughters were on the bottom of the pyramid.

"I've given your daughters a lot of opportunities and you can't accept that fact and don't interrupt me or my boyfriend when one or both of us are talking! GOT IT?!" Abby growled, looking like a lion ready to come out of it's cage, i was ready to intervene if it was about to get physical, because i'm known as the peacemaker of the ALDC.

"WELL YOU'VE ALWAYS FAVORED MADDIE AND KALANI AND FOR THAT I'M TAKING PAIGE AND BROOKE OFF THIS TEAM AND HAVING THEM JOIN CATHY!" Kelly roared. I've seen her mad, but never like this, i had to say something to get her brain in check.

"You single minded birdbrain!"

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!" Kelly turned her attention towards me after i called her that, Abby was happy that i had her back when the moms tried to yell at her whenever she yelled at the girls for messing up or having flaws in their dances during rehearsals.

"You heard what i said, Hyland! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, ACCUSING MY GIRLFRIEND?!" I snapped, i had enough of Kelly's anger towards Abby, she couldn't appreciate the opportunites that Abby had given Brooke and Paige. "You've disrepected Abby for many years so why don't you grow up and act like a grown woman should and stop talking my girlfriend down and let her be the dance teacher!"