Chapter 18

"Gentlemen. This girl was not involved." Syed said as Warda still clung to him.
"Come on Syed, do you really think...."
"I am sure that your daughter Casey will rather miss her father if he continues to question me." Syed said as he glared at Mike.
"Are you threatening an officer?" Mike asked. Making fists as he raised them in a boxing formation.
"No. I am simply saying your daughter will miss you." Syed smiled slyly as he made his fighting formation.
"Michael we should go." Officer Richard said. Standing as they both walked to the door. "We will be in touch." Richard said as he nodded before leaving. Warda looked up at Syed.
"You don't love me." She mumbled to herself as she released him from her grasp. Syed looked at her with an expression that said not yet. As he walked over to her father.
"How could this have happened?" Her father asked while looking at Syed.
"A girl in school was bullying your daughter. Your daughter is soft. So I took care of it." Syed said dryly. Hiding any emotion.
"And how could you betray your father and I?" Her mother asked. Looking at Syed with disgust. Syed began smiling as he walked over to Warda.
"Your daughter had heard of me and my reputation of fighting. She wanted me to end the fight for her." Syed lied. Looking at Warda and then her father. Her father nodded as he understood what Syed was getting at.
"So is My Daughter safe?" The father asked sarcastically as Syed walked towards the door.
"There is evil lurking in our thoughts. From the physical world she is safe. But from her emotional world I fear the worst." Syed said as he opened the door.
"Warda ask him to stay for dinner." Her mother said. "It is the least we can do." She added when Syed walked back.
"Did you pray Isha?" Syed asked. Causing everyone to look at him in disbelief.
"You're a Muslim?!?" All three of them said in unison.
"Not a perfect one. But yes. I am." Syed sighed. "Not perfect at all." He mumbled to himself. Abdur Rahman came in.
"What is going on? Why is he here?" He asked as he pointed at Syed.
"He was protecting your sister." The mom said.
"Him? He doesn't get along with anyone in school." Abdur Rahman said. Syed whispered to Warda as he walked close to her
"Is he the one who hurt your wrist?" Syed asked her. She nodded her head.
"Syed... Do you not love me?" She asked as she looked into his eyes. Hoping to find some emotion in it.
"We will discuss it later. When we are alone."
"My my the strong Syed is shy?" Warda teased him.
"No but you can get in a lot of trouble." Syed said. His voice void of any emotion.
As they all say down for dinner Abdur Rahman and Syed kept giving each other bad stares.
"Syed. Stop it." Warda whisper shouted at him.
"He hurt you." Syed simply replied.
"It is fine. I promise." Warda smiled. But she knew Syed was boiling with anger. Does he love me? She asked herself.