Chapter 9

"I'll take the couch." Warda said as she stretched her arms. Not realizing her cuts were showing.
"How did you do that?" Syed said. Pointing to her arm. Warda looked down. Pulling her sleeve down.
"You....you won't understand." She said. Feeling the tears well up in her eyes.
"Try me." Syed said. Sitting next to her. She began to get shy.
"The world isn't so nice." Syed nodded his head. Pulling up her sleeve without touching her skin. She jolted her arm back but to no avail as Syed gripped her sleeve.
"Let me see." He said. Authority showing in his voice. He sighed. Standing up he went to his bathroom. Grabbing a cream before coming back.
Warda kept her eyes on him. Watching as he dabbed the cream on his finger before rubbing it on her cuts. She screeched and moaned in pain.
"Ouch!" She screamed.
"Sorry. It's a little pain for a lot of healing." He said as he kept his attention on her arm. Not realizing she was blushing. When he finished he looked into her eyes as he put the cap on the cream.
"Life is dark without its light. It saddens my heart to see such a sight. Even the heart doesn't have such a might. To bare such a terrible sight." He slowly stood up. As she stood up and hugged him. Smelling his sweet smell of musk and sweat. He felt so warm and soft against her as she sobbed.
"I'm alone.. no one cares. No one wants..."
"You are never alone. Consider me your friend. It is a start." She gave him a small smile as she wiped her tears. She could see it in his eyes that he cared. That he would make sure she stayed happy. And he saw in her something he hadn't seen in a long time. Hope. He slowly made his way to the couch as she made her way to the bedroom. He refused to let her sleep in such a condition as long as she was his guest. As they slept that night. Syed couldn't help but wonder what lays in store for him now. As he fell asleep he could hear sniffing. He growled as he got up. Always hating noise before he could sleep be walked into the bedroom and sat next to Warda.
"Why are you crying?" She placed her head in his lap as she sobbed. Making Syed feel awkward and shift in his place.
"I feel needed for once." She said. Sobbing into his lap.
"We are all needed. Somehow. Don't give up."
"How can you be caring?" She asked. Looking up at him with watery eyes.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"You are supposed to have no heart. How can you care?"
"Because I'm a human with a past. Now relax." She nodded as she wiped her eyes in his shirt. Closing them before drifting off to sleep in his lap. Feeling at peace after what feels like a lifetime of sorrow.