Chapter 11

Syed started to walk fast as Warda tried to catch up. Her heart was racing. Every step she took he was taking two. He seemed to move like he had a purpose. As she caught up to him she looked at him. He looked more calm, more friendly to her than before. He didn't seem so scary.
"You walk really fast." She said.
"Sorry it is a habit." He said without turning his head.
As they walked in the silence she kept letting her mind ponder over their earlier conversation. He wasn't hard hearted. He was misunderstood. And she could tell that Syed was a loving man. Even If the world couldn't see that.
"This is my..."
"Warda Hassan where have you been?" Her mother screamed.
"What will people think if they find out you were hoodling with...with this delinquent?" Syed began to chuckle.
"And what's so funny?" Her mother asked as she looked at Syed.
Instantly his smile dropped as the emotion faded from his face.
"It is best you don't scream at me." Syed said. All feeling drained from his speech.
"Warda. Inside. Now!" Her mother screamed as they headed inside.
Syed shrugged as he began to walk back to his apartment. Looking to the stars. Each one giving a twinkling kiss. He whispered to no one.
"What am I doing?" He sighed.
The next day Warda was anxious to get to school. She wanted to apologize to him. She felt bad for the way her mother acted towards him. As she reached the first class. She stepped into the room. Her smile faded as her heart began racing. Thoughts began piling one after the other. She began to tremble as she sat down. He wasn't there!
She went through the school day wondering where he could be. He rarely showed up. But she thought she was the reason he would come. As the bell to end the school day rang she sighed. Walking outside she felt a stinging sensation on her face. She rubbed her cheek as she was knocked to the ground. Looking up she saw who it was. Chelsea. The popular girl in school. Head of the cheerleading squad. And the Drama Club. Her long wavy brunette hair smacked Warda in the face. The scent of lavender overpowered Warda and she coughed.
"Where is your Pimp?" Chelsea asked.
"Who?" Warda asked. Confused.
"You know who I mean. Where is he?"
"I'm sure I don't. And if I did..." Before she could finish her sentence Bradd picked her up off the ground. Bradd was Chelsea boyfriend. His bulk muscles and short blonde hair. Every girl who was an idiot drooled over him.
"What you gonna do? Hit a girl?" Warda asked. Feeling naive even though she knew she was screwed.
"Not yet. Find Syed. Tell him I wanna fight him." Bradd said. Dropping her to the ground as he and Chelsea walked off. Warda sighed. All this meant was more trouble. And more scars she would have to one day explain. She sighed. Getting up as she brushed herself off.
"The sad thing is...Even I'm looking for him." She mumbled to herself.