Chapter 13

The next day Warda began preparing the project for psychology when Bradd came up from behind her.
"Where is Syed?" He asked in a low voice. The anger in it sent chills up her spine as she slowly spun around to see his dark green eyes looking into her eyes.
"I... I dunno." She said. She began to tremble with fear.
"Then what use are you to him? His sex mate?"
"No! I'm a Muslim!" She screamed. Everyone in the library turned around.
"Way to get everyone's attention." He sneered as he walked away. "Chelsea will be waiting for your meeting with her. It isn't nice to keep her waiting."
Warda's heart began to beat faster. She began to notice the hot watery drops hit the desk. Finally she couldn't control it anymore. She began to sob uncontrollably. She didn't know why she was being blamed for Syed not showing up. He rarely ever came to school in the first place. She assumed she was being punished. In her mind she came to the conclusion that she would take her life. She didn't want to live. She kept on just getting into trouble after trouble. She sighed. She grabbed her backpack and wiped her tears. She got up and began walking to the bathroom to wash her face when her brother bumped into her.
"Watch where you're going!" She screamed at him. He looked at her and smirked. His brown eyes looking at her.
"Or what?" He said in a squeaky voice as he was going through puberty. "You going to hit me? You can't even hit a cheerleader." He began chuckling to himself. She shook her head in dismay. Her own brother was against her. She began to get infuriated. Tired of getting in trouble. She threw a punch at his shoulder. Only to have him catch it. He began to squeeze her fist as cracks could be heard.
"Look sis. Not only are you weak. But you're so weak I can catch your fist and break your hand." He began laughing as he let go. Bumping against her as he left. She mumbled to herself to relax that the pain would end tonight. She walked to class. Forgetting to go to the bathroom. As she sat down she could hear people whisper about her. How she got into a fight with Chelsea.
"I heard she didn't punch back." One girl said.
"I heard she sat there and begged for her to stop." One guy said. Warda put her face in her hands. Her heart silently screaming for help. Help from anyone. She felt alone. She began to wonder why Allah wasn't even helping her. Why was he being silent? As the day went on in school she was alert. Fearing Chelsea. She tried to hide in crowds as much as she could. She didn't want to be spotted. She didn't want to be seen. She wished she was an unknown again. Only known for her good grades. Now she would also be known for knowing Syed. Her supposed friend. Who wasn't even there to help her.