Chapter 8

Hadley's POV

"How was school?" the boys ask once I got into the car. They all came, but El wasn't there. I am guessing she has a job. 

"Well I saw Laynna again" I say to Louis. "She was my buddy for today, and we have the same schedule".

"Umm Laynna Brooks?" Louis asks.

"Yep" I say.

"Wow how is she?" he asks.

"She is good um I was wondering if we could have a sleepover this weekend?" I ask.

"Sure Hadley. Where does she live?" Louis asks.

"Her address is 39W539 Birchwood Drive." I say reading the text from Laynna that contained her address.

"Oh she is right across the street from us! We are 39W358." Liam says.

"Oh cool" I say looking out the window. I pull out my phone and listen to music the rest of the drive. I get out of the car when we arrive home.

"Hadley please do your homework" Louis says Going into the kitchen getting something to drink.

"I don't understand any of it" I say.

"We will help you" the boys say sitting by me.

"oh this is easy. See you just take this number multiply it by this. Add this decide it by that and add the decimal point there" Louis says. I just stare blankly at the page. All the words are mixed up, the numbers don't look right, I don't understand anything on this page.

"Do you understand?" Liam asks. I just shake my head.

"How about you read it out loud?" Zayn suggests. I shake my head.

"Why not?" they ask.

"I just don't want to." I say looking back at the paper trying to figure it all out.

"Okay well the question is 'A music concert features two singers. The first singer performs for 1 3/4 hours and the second singer performs for 2 2/3 hours. How long was the concert?'" Harry reads.

"I don't know. I don't understand it." I say. The boys don't know I have dyslexia, Louis does however. They just think I don't pick up topics as fast as other people in the 6th grade.

"well what is the most confusing part of it?" Niall asks.

"everything. The words get jumbled up in my head" I say.

"Well Hadley, do you have anything bigger than just not learning at the same pace as others?" zayn asks. I just look at my pencil.

"Hadley has dyslexia lads. We have known since she first started school." Louis explained.

"I was so ashamed of it. I did not want to tell you guys. I did not want you to think of me as more of a charity case than I already am. I'm sorry" I said looking down at the ground. 

"No no no do not feel bad over something you can not control!" Niall exclaimed picking me up from my chair hugging me like crazy. It made me smile and laugh. 

"Okay let's work through this slowly" Louis says as Niall puts me back on my chair. The other lads cleared out of the room so I would not be as stressed. Louis took as long as I needed to get through my math homework. I really only needed help with that because I have figured out my own strategies for History and English that work. I checked the time and saw we had been working for almost two hours. My stomach was growling so I got a few crackers and a water. I went up to my room to work on the rest of my homework. 

AUTHORS NOTE!

Thanks for 138 reads! The story will soon turn sad. I have an idea but it won't take place for a long time! Love you all!