Chapter 4.) Dem Kiss

A yellow blur leaped into the room and squashed me in a bear hug. They smelled of strawberries,
Lucy's preferred fragrance. She backed into a chair; indeed it was my bestie. Lucy had a beautiful flower top with a pale pink leather jacket around her waist and mint green skinny jeans below.

"Hey levy how are you doing? Feeling better?" She questioned, getting comfy in the bumpy seat, on side that wasn't covered in elections that go "beep beep beep"; all they're telling me is that I'm still alive.

"Yes." I faked a smile and she fell for it. "So did you bring back my missing work?" I was trying to change the subject. I just wanted to get it all done, this bull, I wanted to go back, I wanted to stay in class, have lunch, be normal but that can't happen now, not until they let me out of here.

"Umm... yes it's right in my bag. I'll be right back." Lucy hesitated as she hurried out the curtain of a door. Her words and movements made me fall back into this nightmare called life. I jerked back slowly and glanced over at the iron dragon stuffing the remaining part of a sugar cookie in his mouth. One of his legs were over the other as he comfortably sat in the chair across from me.

I couldn't help but giggle. Soon realizing that a weird noise came from me, I cupped my small fragile hands around my mouth, the source of the noise, hoping not to get his attention.

Sadly it didn't work, Gajeel looked at me and I glanced back at him. Returned to the book, hoping it would be less awkward, sliding the note, he left earlier between the two thin pages, I clamped the heavy book shut. my fragile fingers outlined the little indent of the title and all its sharp corners.

I could still tell he was looking at me and taking in all that really happened. I'm really here and I'll be here for a while.

He got off the chair and wiped the crumbles off his lap. He slowly walked towards me. A little grin overtook lips as he came closer. He sat crisscross applesauce at the end of the bed. Making sure he wasn't on top of my legs, and leaned over to the side, getting something out of his backpack.

"Game of cards?" He asked. Shuffling the cards on his lap.

"Sure." I answered as a light pink hit my cheeks. I got out of the covers, remade them, and sat mimicked to him.

"To make this fun, if I win you let me punch Liz. So hard that her foundation comes off." I almost cried when his soft voice cracked at these words.

"And if I win... you have to date me, and I can tell the entire school." I had to lighten the mood of the room. It was too intense, even for a hospital.

He looked over his shoulder at the window, the reflection had a bit of pink right on his cheeks. The sun still shined, a 4 o'clock sun. For it to be November 25, and not a drop of snow anywhere, it's a wonderful yet weird feeling.

"It's pretty, hun?" I looked straight at his long midnight hair.

"Sure." He mumbled. "let's get to this game."

He dealt the cards out and looked over at me.

He grinned. "Ready?"

"You can start." I replied.

About 20 minutes later...

"How did you do that?" He flabbergasted.

"Beginners luck?" I chuckled.

"No. Can't believe I lost to a girl." He mumbled.

"Hey. This girl has a name." I pointed to myself . "And... I'm your new girlfriend, so ha!" I chuckled confidently. Leaning over toward him. My soft lips barely brushed against his ruffed up ones. "But I guess you can still give Liz one." I leaned in just the littlest, and we were kissing, me and my dream boy.