Chapter 11.) Upright Lie

Great. I'm dead. I died. I'll have my father lower me in the ground so he can let me down one last time. I should've blocked him. Or tolded my father I had broken up with that Dick. No because String would blah out my new boyfriend . I can't let my father know that I spent the night at natsu's house. He would FLIP. Please let me go through dinner in one piece. I contemplate as I open the door just as Virgo was about to knocked at the door again.

"Oh my bad, Princess dinner is ready." She smiled, then went on about her punishment for something stupid. After a few moments of reassuring her I greet the two at dinner.

"Father, string." As the word fell out of my mouth anyone could tell I wasn't amused for him. I took my seat at the long table. Butlers severs our 5 Star cuisine. A plate caught my eye; mmmm... chocolate dipped strawberries, my favorite. I pick one up nibbling at the dark chocolate with a hint of powdered sugar sprinkled on top.

"So... what's going on in school?" Father attempts small talk. Stings head pops up in delight. A cocky smile grew onto his face.

"School's normal. Lucy, care to conspire?" String replies. I dropped my strawberry; Dick move.

"Oh.. sorry.. schools great, math test came back today, top of the class again. Levy is doing much better. We have finals next week." I put a jumble of incomplete thoughts together.

"Aw. I see. And about your relationship. I heard String broke up with you, Lucy. Something about cheating with a fellow classmate, I hope that's not why you've been acting out the pass few days." As the words touched my ears, I stood up, the table jumped in fear.

"Father that is upright lie."

"Lucy." Father demanded, I flinched at the voice but stood my ground.

"Mother taught me to stick up for the truth. String braking up with me; havens no. I broke up with him. -As for why he would always go behind my back and cheat with another girl, I presume a..." I was having trouble finding the word, "commoner." Father turned towards String.

"She's not a... she's. The Dragneel's are worst." String struggles with the argument.

Father questions, "Dragneels?"

"Lucy's new boyfriend, so broke he has to work to support the family." String laughed.

"I never liked the vision your father had for the company. The marriage is off, I suppose. Sigh. At least I can say it was strictly business." He mumbled then coughed softly. "I wish you told me before making such a bold move." He sat silently for the rest of dinner. Then continued, as a maid came to drag me elsewhere. "string I'll call my ride. Lucy, go to your room.

"Yes father." I went off. "Good night father, string."

Sting was in for it. All alliances are now cut off, and he can say goodbye to the sweet life. I rushed up to my room, fearing what my punishment would be for speaking up and braking up with string.

•••

"Morning already!" I sadly sighed sliding off my bed, regretting last nights study session, along with a few fresh bruises I had slept on. Heading towards my closet I slide on a graphic tee and a pair of jeans. Walking back to the bed I grabbed the warm cleaned sweatshirt, it'll hide the bruises, I bought it to my nose and smells good; Fire and flowers.  After putting it over my huge nerd head and fix my blonde hair to Perfection, I grab my blue backpack and head down the grand staircase to the kitchen. Passing the many maids and butlers that work under my father I run into my only friend in the mansion.

"Aires."

"O-morning Lucy. I hope I'm not in your way." Her head fell down, squirming out of the walkway.

"No you're fine." I grinned adjusting the backpack strap. " I just wanted to say good morning before I go off to school."

"Well... good morning to you too. Have a great day at school." I walk pass her and grab my lunch. Taking a apple and walking out the huge front doors. I spot the old car, walking to the side yard, and getting inside.

"Looks like you took a liking to my old sweatshirt." The pink head whispered. I blushed in embarrassment.

"Not like you were using it. Anyways it smells nice."

"Thank you for the complement."

I peeked his cheek. "Your welcome." I buckle my seatbelt and checked the back at the sleeping toddler.

"Daycare..." he mumbled unamused, driving towards the hospital. "I drop her off then Mira picks her up, but... because of her sister she can't today." He tried to sound happy but really wasn't. I nod. "Could you help me out?" He sighed.

"Id love to get her... or I could have her get picked up by my driver and she could just hang at my house till we get there? "

"Are you sure, I don't want to be a bother?"

"Don't worry. It's not like my father would notice."

"Did you tell him?"

"No. String did."

Natsu parked his car. "Would you like to come in?" Nodding I step out of the car, getting the little backpack out of the car while he got one tried Wendy. I glanced up at the sign 'Fairy Tail' as I hold the door open for Natsu.

"Wendy..." A little boy yelled as he walked over to us.

"Romeo?" She whispered. The sleepy girl had woken up. Natsu place her down on the floor, giving her a kiss on the head.

"Can you sign her in?" Natsu asked me.

"Sure." A piece of paper was placed in front of me. Filling it all out I placed it down. I noticed the pink head walking over to a cubbie placing the small backpack in it. Turning over to face me he ran out the door.

"So who's Romeo?" I giggled.

"Don't get me started... Wendy's boyfriend." He quoted the 'boyfriend' part.

"Ahh.. so cute." He looked over at me.

"Over my dead body." He chuckled.
I punched him lightly on the arm.

"Whatever." I said, sticked out my tongue. "Let's get going."

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

So leave a vOTE, cOMMENT, and sUBSCRIBE!

-sKYcIPHER