F o r t y - E i g h t

~ HOLY FUCK ITS BEEN FOREVER BUT HEY!!!!! wow wow wow so much has happened this year i can't even believe, but wow i really want to finish this story even though ive been obscenely ABSENT - here's a snippet of what is to come THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS I AM SHOOKETH ~ 

"Mmphf!"

"Relax."

"MMPHF!" 

The man slams his fist down on the table, his eyes are a calm storm but I don't miss the threat behind his words, "you really ought to keep quiet Valentina." 

I bite my tongue, and the offending piece of cloth as well- bile rising when I tasted the whiskey. 

"Now that wasn't so hard was it? you're quite the sight all tied up and gagged right now, I think I much prefer you when your not so mouthy"

I so badly want to tell him that he can shove this gag, and his opinions up his ass. 

"Do you know who I am Valentina?"

Silence is all I give him, technically, it's all I can give him.

He drags a chair over, and plants himself down, far too close for comfort. "You do, don't you? because your little boyfriend gave me a call the other day about you having a little chat with Boss man.. You really are a mouthy little gattino sì?-

His smile drops, and so does the temperature of the room.

-perhaps I should be asking something else.. sì..perhaps I should be asking just how well do you know your little boyfriend?"

Psycho left my phone in the room with me, and for hours, I'd been listening to nothing else but it ring and ring, and ring. Psycho hadn't given me his name but I had put two and two together seeing as there was nothing else to do in this shit-storm of a situation. 

Giovanni. 

An acquaintance of Wolf's.

I wanted two things as of right now. 1) a greasy burger from Mcdonalds and 2) to ask Wolf what the fuck he was thinking when he got involved with this psychopath. 

More than anything, I wanted out of this room. It was bland and maddening, white walls, white flooring, white door. All I was missing was a straitjacket. My jumbled mind and increasing paranoia were feeling right at home under the harsh lighting. 

It must have been at least three or four hours since I last saw psycho and the silence was worse than hearing his condescending Italian accent. The way he had left my phone so close and yet, so goddamn far was sick really. The sudden ringing had me on edge, waiting and guessing for the next burst of sound in the quiet.

My stomach then decided to join the symphony. I let out a disgruntled sigh. Whatever past this Giovanni character shared with Wolf did not concern me at all, though, my father's connection I suppose, did. 

The door swings open and the man of the hour strides in. He glances at the numerous missed calls, a smirk takes over his usual stoic expression. "Awe your boy-toy seems worried, let's send him a picture shall we? maybe if he's got any brains left in that head of his, he'll trace the picture and then, the real fun can start."

I look away when the flash goes off, not wanting to give psycho the satisfaction of looking like the epitome of helplessness- okay, not wanting to look any more helpless than I already did.

 Giovanni stalks over to me, gripping my chin roughly and forces me to look directly at him. "Wolf isn't worth it Valentina, he's dangerous, a ticking time-bomb, he'll only fuck you up in the end".

I watch him leave, bolting the door as he disappears with my phone. My head drops as tears of exhaustion and frustration pool in my eyes, I don't want to cry but screaming into oblivion sounds heavenly right now.