S i x (edited)

~ an upppppdddaaaatteee, thank you for the reads, votes, etc <3 <3 all are super appreciated

btw, shout out to @Jewlez and @gogobunny- in particular, for the continuous support :) thank you guys!! ~

Ashlyn was having a full-fledged meltdown in the middle of my bathroom. And it wasn't to do with her soul-mate flavour of the week. No, it was because of me. I didn't realize that when she asked for an update about 'The Wolf Carter', it was going to begin in 'OH-MY-FREAKING-GOSH', and end in tears about how Wolf is alleged, my very own soul-mate.

So technically, it was about Ashlyn's dreaded fascination with soul-mates, just mine this time.

What a revelation.

It was crazy how quickly we went from painting our toenails red, and listening to the radio, to me attempting to comfort a hysterical Ashlyn on the freezing bathroom floor. There were a few things in the world that I majorly sucked at.

One, being unable to walk away from something I did not understand, I'm positive that this flaw of mine correlates as to why I can't keep that idiot, Wolf, off my mind these days. Two, dealing with crying people. Particularly the kind that is, a crying Ashlyn Jones. We have been friends since we were in diapers, but I sucked when she had meltdowns. I knew it, she knew it, Matty knew it, heck, even my Mum knew it.

I patted her awkwardly on the back as I took a couple steps back, "should I get you a tissue?"

"No, but for the love of Cupid, can you please get with Wolf", she retorted.

Stupidly, my cheeks went a little red, which honestly only added fuel to the fire because the next thing I know, Ashlyn is ugly-crying again and asking me how the hell she is supposed to create a ship name from 'Valentina' and 'Wolf'.

I'm getting worried about all the water she is losing so, I decide that to firstly, prevent my best friend's dehydration, and to secondly, dodge an awkward conversation about why I was blushing about the prospect of 'getting with Wolf', I would go and get her a glass of water.

So like any good best friend, I left Ash to drown in her own tears.

I wasn't exactly sure why I blushed, I barely know him, but I can't deny that my heart always beats a little faster whenever Wolf is around or mentioned. It's quite annoying actually.  

He's just an enigma, that's all. You wouldn't blush or even notice he is around if you knew him.

The community service punishment had been keeping me up and on edge, ever since that night. I didn't need to know Wolf, nor did I need to spend unnecessary time with the boy. He freaked me out way too much. The punishment officially began after this weekend, and I was dreading it.

I filled a glass, just as Ash met me halfway, practically tumbling down the stairs, possibly due to all the tears in her eyes. She looked hilarious, but laughing would probably sign my death certificate so I kept my mouth shut.

"I thought of it!",

I raised an eyebrow, pushing the glass in her direction across the benchtop. 

"Valof!", she had said it with so much confidence that I almost felt bad for the shock-horror look adorning my face.

"Ash, that's just horrible", the name but also, the prospect of Wolf and I ever being anything. I'd much rather keep my sanity.

Liar. You're fascinated already. 

"I know", she sighed melodramatically, "don't fret, it'll come to me. There's a carnival in town, it slipped my mind before but we should go!"