S e v e n (edited)

~ this song... is very much Valentina's mentality w/ Wolf I feel (even tho she's having trouble admitting it fully lmao).. maybe it will be Wolf's mentality with Val too one day..??? idk... ;)..THANKS FOR 70 READS I'm so psyched about that hehe <3 ~

Shift 1 / 30

[ Monday ]

I tapped my boot impatiently, the sky had darkened to an angry-looking state, I couldn't hear a single bird. It was going to pour, I could already smell the rain in the air. I had always loved that smell, but my annoyance was currently at its peak due to a certain blue-eyed boy who still hadn't shown up.

It was currently 4:30 pm. Our punishment had officially begun at 3:30 pm. I really didn't want Headmaster Cowen to extend the next month of torture to be any longer just because Wolf couldn't show up on time. 

I sneeze and rub the tip of my nose with my palm. An unfamiliar sense of nostalgia washed over me, I could hear my Father's voice, a reprimand from what seemed like another lifetime ago, in my mind, 'Valentina, do you want to look like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer? Use a tissue.'

We are not going down that road. Let's think about Wolf and how much you despise him and his stupid mystery instead.

That was becoming a problem really. Wolf had become an all-consuming distraction, and I was all-too-willing to submerge myself in his many levels of weirdness to avoid my own crap. And much to my own distaste, the whole 'getting-to-know somebody's deepest, darkest secrets' is generally a two-way street. I didn't want him any closer than he already was, I just couldn't. Him even thinking of me as somebody potentially interesting made me nauseous. 

The horizon was dominated by dark clouds, not seeming to get any lighter as the rain pelted down. A flash of lightning illuminated the sky, followed by a deafening crash of thunder that seemed to echo throughout the shadowed hallways of the school. They had left the locking up to Wolf and I, because we were supposed to be cleaning and polishing the gym today. An easy task to kick-off the one-month community service.

I wanted to get it over and done with so I could get home, stuff myself with two- or three, packets of noodles and watch a crappy television show until I fell unconscious. Wolf, on the other hand, was taking his sweet time to even bless me with his presence.

I did appreciate that he saved my ass at Sam's party a week or so ago. I did not appreciate him for making me wait in the cold for him to fulfil his part of our punishment, of which was completely his fault!

You went along with it, and even more, you had fun! why you lyin'

"Oh shut up", I grumbled to myself, apparently not quietly enough.

"Do you do that a lot?"

Speak of the devil.

"Do I do what?", I snapped. He put his hands up in mock-surrender.

"Relax princess, no need to bring out the claws, I was merely asking if you talk to yourself a lot because that's definitely a sign of madness"

There was that smug smirk, a full-blown one now, and there was that weird warmth from our eye-contact,  my inner rage was brewing and cooking up something hot and steamy.

I clench my fists, as Wolf stalks right past me oblivious to my turmoil, carelessly chucking his used cigarette in the bin.

"Don't worry princess, they've all decided that I'm mad too, besides, you'd look cute in one of those straitjackets", he called over his shoulder.