T w e n t y - T h r e e (edited)

~ short chap. sorry for that, stay awesome, hit that vote button and leave me some comments, i love talking to you guys <3 ~

"I don't want you around that boy anymore", I yawned, glancing at the clock- it couldn't have been almost two hours of this incessant lecturing already surely? I was in the middle of another automatic nod when her words sunk in. She had already begun another sentence when I cut her off with a high-pitched "what?!"

She arched a perfect eyebrow at me, "That boy, I've heard nothing but bad things about him- I don't want you seeing him"

I could have burst out laughing, but the serious expression on her face reaffirmed the ridiculous truth- she was not messing around. But truthfully, how dare she demand such a thing when she's been absent for so long that she actually missed my last birthday? She has no right anymore, not in my eyes. It's not as if Wolf was the light of my life, I could do without the little shit and his ploys that always landed me in some kind of trouble.

It was a matter of principle really. Whether or not she experienced a sudden paternal epiphany means nothing to me. Just because something spurred her to fulfil the role of 'active mother', now of all times- doesn't mean that I'll take her word as law. Considering the absolute lack of effort in our relationship since forever, more over the lack of effort on her part to actually be a parent in general, it'll be tough to take her seriously, let alone submit to her will.

I didn't respond back, I just let my ears do what they do best- tune out irrelevant noise. Annoyingly, my mind decided to drift over to a certain blue-eyed boy who never ended up finishing his sentence.

Ash was supposed to be staying over tonight because Headmaster Cowen was a no-show at school, thus Wolf and I weren't given any instruction regarding our "punishment", it sufficed to say that we both decided to ditch it also.

Anyway, back to the dilemma at hand, I wasn't sure how Ash would take to the apparent permanent reappearance of my birthgiver. I could only hope that she wouldn't go running in the opposite direction upon being subjected to my Mother's cold aura. I suppose if I did lose Ash, I still had Wolf and our acquaintanceship. I snorted, oh that'd be huge fun- inviting him over for a sleepover. Maybe I'd do it just to spite her.

"Valentina! are you even listening to me?", I winced at her shrill screech. I don't like the way my name comes out of her mouth. The way she spits it really paints quite the picture. I can perfectly imagine how she sees me.

Guilty

Selfish

Pathetic

"Of course, as you were saying?", I lie.

Her eyes flash, with dare I say, something a lot like disgust, as she continues ranting. I rejoice in the fact that she's more focused on her words than me right now.

"I thought you were joking when you messaged me that! I can't believe it!", I could barely hear Ash's soft voice with my music blaring loudly, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make just to ensure that the she-devil wasn't listening in at the door.

Something I wouldn't put past her at this point. Not after I lost my cool, and told her that her place was 'in the office, not the home'. This only seemed to fuel her desire to remain here though, apparently, another new house rule was that any 'silly friends' of mine were not welcome here.

So my 'silly friend' and I, were currently on the phone. I complained, she listened and naturally, also offered a few choice words here and there. I couldn't hear too well, I was more than aware that I'd probably been screaming at Ash for the past hour but hey, what were best friends for?

When Ash brought up that there was a party going on tonight, I thought that I hadn't heard correctly due to the angry noise of the Sex Pistols filling my room. I smirked when I had put the CD on, if Mother wants to play house so badly then I'm about to fulfil the role of angst-y teenager from hell. 

"So how about it?", my mind flashed with images of a smug Wolf holding up a flask of vodka, images of bright lights and moving bodies. I wonder if he's remembered that video he took, the one starring a very intoxicated me. I can barely remember what it was of, but knowing my luck, it would be blackmail material worthy.

"Vaaaaaaal, you still there?", of course, I wanted to go and party- when have I ever objected, but now, I had a parental figure who was more than just a shadow, under the same roof as me. I wanted to whack myself for being such a pansy, what happened to my resolve from before? I'd been doing a fine job of existing before she decided to put her say in, it was too late now. I was going to that party, just as I would be doing anything I considered reasonable as per usual because I took care of me. Not her. Never her.

"I'll be there, I've gotta go now but I'll text you details for later seeing as I may need to tap into my ninja slash spy persona", I said with fierce determination.

Typially, my seriousness was lost on Ash who started laughing, "I'll await your word, over and out!"

I roll my eyes, "Shut up, I'll see you later"

We hang up, just as my phone goes off with another unanswered text, it appeared that now I had two.

Stalker: im bored entertain me

Stalker: preferably with dirty talk and/or underwear pics

Val: u disgust me

The phone beeped within seconds, I raise my eyebrows but find it kind of cute nonetheless.

Stalker: u love me

I can't help the smile that takes over my lips as I shake my head.

Val: i wouldn't bet on that

Stalker: i would ;-) ur mum isn't too fond of me

My laughter fills the room, he couldn't be more spot on.

Val: she isn't ur biggest fan, but im not exactly her biggest fan either

I press send without thinking, no later, I'm left wondering why on earth did I even feel the need to say that?

Stalker: no one is exactly my biggest fan princess

Stalker: i could tell.. g2g now, ill ttyl, don't miss me too much ;-)

The nerve!

I frown at his first message, I wonder if it really doesn't bother him. I don't think I could ever be that thick-skinned, but then again, he was Wolf Carter. I feel oddly relieved that he doesn't press for more information.

He wouldn't do that.

I don't know that for sure. 

That's just not like him.

Based on what?

Val: ttyl Carter, i'll try not too </3