Chapter 7

The concert was about to begin. Emilia was sitting down in her seat, staring at the ground. She was dressed in a long-sleeved, black dress. Her violin was already ready to go, all she had to do now was wait. Anthony walked up to Emilia, adjusting his bow-tie. He looked at Emilia with a sly smirk. "Hello, honey." He cooed. Emilia looked up with sad eyes. Anthony smiled. "I'm sure you'll do amazing tonight..and you'll be even more amazing on Sunday." Emilia didn't reply. She didn't even feel like talking. 

Anthony slammed his hand down on her music stand, making all of her sheet music fall to the ground. "ANSWER ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" He shouted. A couple of people turned their heads in their direction. Emilia stood up. "I do not have to answer to you." She said, bending over to pick up her music. She started to organize it all. "I am not looking forward to the wedding, I am being blackmailed into it, the least I have to do is answer to you." Emilia said, setting her music down. Anthony stood there, his arms crossed. "You still have to marry me and live with me forever as my loving wife." He said. "I will be your wife, but I will be anything but loving!" Emilia yelled. 

Anthony shut his mouth. At the time, Joseph walked into the concert hall. Instead of waving and smiling at Emilia, he looked towards her way and found a seat. Emilia looked past Anthony and saw Joseph reading the program. She sighed and looked down. Anthony knew what she was looking at. He stormed away from Emilia and walked towards Joseph. Joseph saw him coming and immediately started to get startled. Anthony slammed his hand down on Joseph's arm-rest. "Emilia will never love you, she has me, no one will ever love you, they will always find someone better. Give her up, pipsqueak, because she's mine now, and there's nothing you can do about it!" He yelled. Joseph nodded. "I am fully aware of that..now will you stop spitting in my face?" Anthony moved farther away. 

He handed Joseph an invitation. "You are required to attend the wedding so you can really see that Emilia will never be yours." Anthony walked away to his position as more people started to fill the hall. Joseph looked down at the invitation in his hand. "I will be there..not for you, but for Emilia." He said to the air. People got into their seats, the lights dimmed, and the show started. 

Everyone started playing together in harmony, Anthony conducting them all. Emilia played exceptionally well, even though she was sad. The song went on for a couple minutes, but soon the other instruments died down, and it was time for Emilia's solo. She stood up and a spotlight shined down on her. She started to play Fur Elise, hitting every note and chord correctly. Joseph's eyes were on her, amazed by her musical talent. Emilia's parents were seeing their daughter play, but her mother was envious. At least no one could take away her title, because no one in the concert hall had the authority to - just what she wanted. 

Emilia's solo ended and the entire orchestra finished the song with a long, chord. The lights went completely out and everyone clapped and cheered. The lights turned back on and Anthony and Emilia were holding hands and bowing. People rose to their feet, cheering and clapping. Emilia's mother remained seated. Anthony made a gesture to silence their cheers. Everyone sat back down and waited for what he was going to say. "I just want to announce, Miss Emilia Harper and I, Anthony Smith, will be married this Sunday." He announced. Everyone clapped and cheered again. 

Joseph clapped, but he didn't cheer. He didn't even want to clap, but he wanted to support Emilia. Joseph looked over at Emilia's parents, her mother grinning evilly. He raised an eyebrow at them, but shrugged it off. "You are ALL invited!" Anthony said. Everyone cheered and clapped again. Now, the show was done. People started getting out of their seats, grabbing invitations to the wedding on their way out. Joseph got up and went down to the pit. Emilia put away her violin and looked up at Joseph. "Thank you for coming." She said. Joseph nodded. "You played beautifully, Emilia." He smiled. "Thank you.." Emilia said, looking into his eyes. Anthony grabbed Emilia's hand. "We are going to be leaving now, thank you for coming, goodbye." He said to Joseph. 

Joseph nodded. "Right. Goodbye, Emilia." He leaned over and hugged Emilia. Anthony was hot with anger. Emilia hugged him tightly, then let go. Joseph walked out the door, taking Emilia's heart with him.