Chapter 1

The conductor waved his hands high up in the air, and the music grew louder. Everyone played in rhythm, seeming to feel and live in the music. Everyone was amazing, except one girl. One girl out-shined them all! And that girl was Emilia Harper. She was the most famous violinist in the world, yet it seemed as if no one knew. As a YouTube celebrity, she would hide herself from the world, not letting anyone see her real face or hear her real name. She was completely anonymous. It seemed as if the famous violinist wasn't even real.

The conductor silenced the entire room with just a swipe of his hands. Everyone clapped, including Emilia. "Dismissed." The conductor said, walking away into another room. Emilia sighed and began to pack up her violin. Melody came skipping over to her. "Hey, Em!" Melody chanted. Emilia turned her head to look at her, her blonde locks falling to her chest. "H-Hello, Melody..." She said shyly. Melody giggled. "You were amazing as usual! How are you so shy?" Emilia sighed and thought of the piece she had just played. How fast and how confident she was in her music. How did she do it? She turned back to Melody. "Because I live in my music." Was all she said before she slung her violin bag over her shoulder. "I-I have to go.." She said, before running out of the orchestra room. Melody turned around to look at her leaving. She sighed. "Geez, anti-social much?" She said as she scoffed and walked back to her group of musicians.

Emilia was walking along the pavement, her earphones blasting wonderful violin music to her ears. She closed her eyes and continued to listen with all her heart. The violin seemed to grow more and more intense in this sad little song. Emilia could tell this song was describing her life. She opened her eyes and let more tears fall out. She still looked down at the ground as she cried, which led her to bump into someone. "I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" A male voice said. "It was my fault, as always..." Emilia said as she looked up at the boy. He was around her age and he had brown hair and green eyes. He extended his hand out to Emilia and gave her a warm smile. "Let me help you up." Emilia looked at his hand and stared at it for a while. The boy was extremely confused. "Are you okay?" Emilia looked into his bright green eyes. His eyes were warm, soft, and trusting. She half smiled and held his hand, him helping her up. She dusted off her black dress. "Thank you." She said. The boy smiled. "Its' no problem! My name is Joseph, by the way." He smiled, extending his hand out again. Emilia shakily shook his hand. "Emilia.." She choked out.

Joseph half smiled. "Well, I should be on my way, you never know if ViolinistGirl will upload a new video!" He almost walked away, when he turned to look back, a flustered look on his face. "Um..s-she's a YouTuber I watch...ever heard of her?" Emilia nodded and smiled. "Yes, I have...I feel like we're the same person." She said. 'Because we are' She thought. Joseph smiled and giggled the cutest giggle. "Well, that's cool that you watch her too! Like I said, I probably should go! Never know if she posted a new video or anything heh.." He said, awkwardly. He waved. "Bye! Nice meeting you, Emilia!" Emilia slightly waved. "You too..." She sighed. After she knew he was out of earshot she whispered, "Thanks for watching." She tightened the strap on her violin case and proceeded to her house.

She opened up the door and half smiled. She closed it, locking it and setting her violin down on a chair. She took off her coat and put on her house slippers. "I'm home." She said to the air. She sighed and walked over to her kitchen. "6:00..guess I'll make dinner." She got out a cup of ramen from the cupboard, seeing as that's all she could afford. She tore the lid off and stuck the cup in the microwave. A few minutes later, it beeped, signaling the fact that it was ready. She took it out of the microwave and started to stir it a little bit. She grabbed her fork and started to eat the hot noodle soup. She slurped it all until it was gone. She threw the cup away into the trash and walked back over to her violin. She picked it up and went to her camera. She clicked the 'RECORD' button and started playing. People had been requesting the Phantom Of The Opera medley by Lindsey Stirling. "It's cover time.." She said quietly before she started playing.

She set her bow on her violin and played away. She collected each note in tune, playing each note faster than the other. She moved around a little bit, trying not to drop her violin. She continued to play each note right, the video camera recording it all. Finally, a slower piece came in to play. She slowed down as she played "Angel Of Music." She found comfort in this song, knowing that an angel of music always watched over her. She thought about the boy she had met earlier today. Was he her angel of music? She pushed him out of her mind and played another part of the medley, "Think Of Me." The violin seemed to sing as beautifully as Christine. She smiled and continued to play as she knew the faster part was chiming in right now. She braced herself and tightly held on to her bow. She started playing faster again, still hitting all those notes perfectly. Each note had its own thought, melody, and heart. She smiled as the end of the song grew near. She started to play Christine's high notes on the violin, going higher and higher, faster and faster. Her fingers were tired, but her heart kept playing. That one final note reached. With a strum of her violin, she was done.

She looked to the camera, wiping some sweat off her brow. She hit the 'END RECORDING' button and sighed. "Thank you..." She said, bowing to her online crowd. She chuckled a little and set her violin down. She sat down at her computer and started to upload the video, making sure no traces of her face were left and it was only a picture. She uploaded the picture and put the sound on. Everything was complete. She hit the 'PUBLISH' button. She smiled and sat back. "The angel of music should be proud." She whispered to herself. She put her violin away in its case and went to watch how many views her video would get. "Will I ever reach my goal?" She asked herself. She looked at her subscribers. '999900' it read. "Will I ever reach 1 million?" She asked herself again. She looked out the window seeing a boy across from her watching a video. She squinted her eyes. Suddenly, her eyes widened as she stumbled backwards. "That's the boy from the way home!" She cried. He seemed to have enjoyment on his face, smiling. That emotion didn't change, but Emilia saw that he was crying. Emilia wondered what he was watching that made him smile and cry. "Maybe I'll run into him again.." She whispered. She stopped staring at Joseph and walked away to go rosin up her bow.