Chapter 2

Emilia got up the next morning. She went to go and check the views on her new video. She sat down at her desk and went to her YouTube channel. She clicked on her Phantom Of The Opera medley video. "Let's see..." Her eyes widened as she looked at the views. "1-1 million!?" She said. She smiled and chuckled, covering her mouth with her hands. "Oh my god." She whispered. She looked back to see she had earned 10 new subscribers. "This is amazing!" She cried. She scrolled down the video, looking at the comments.

FanBoy868: You are amazing! My #1 favorite YouTuber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the BEST violinist!! :D

Emilia smiled and chuckled softly. She put her fingers on the smooth keys and began to type away.

ViolinistGirl: Thank you..I really appreciate it.

Emilia got up and went to get ready. After she had taken a shower, gotten dressed, and brushed her teeth, she went to go get her violin. She packed it all up, including the sheet music she would need for today. She put it all in her bag and slung her violin case over her shoulder. She got the keys to her apartment and went to leave for the orchestra. She walked on the sidewalk, cherry blossoms falling to the ground. One fell on her nose. She looked at it and gently blew it away. It fell amid the other trees, and on her way Emilia went, until a certain voice stopped her.

"Hey, Emilia!" Joseph waved from across the street. Emilia shyly waved and stood in place. Joseph ran to her, panting and out of breath. "Um..h-how are you?" He stuttered. Emilia nodded. "G-Good..thank you..you?" Joseph nodded and smiled. "Good! Hey, did you get a chance to watch ViolinistGirl's new video? It's a cover of Lindsey Stirling's Phantom Of The Opera medley! She's so amazing, I love her so much!" He fanboy-ed. Emilia smiled. "Yes I did..she is..a skilled violinist. She must have had a lot of years in training." Joseph smiled. "Yeah, 5 years, actually." Emilia looked quite shocked. Joseph started to get flustered. "I-I read that somewhere! I don't know why I even remembered, it's not like I have a subscription to ViolinistGirl facts or anything heh.." He stuttered. Emilia nodded slowly. She tightened the straps on her violin case. "I should get going.." Joseph looked at her case. "You play an instrument? Cool! Which one?" "V-Violin.." "Cool! I'd love to hear you someday!" He smiled. Emilia looked down at the ground. "Yes...I think we live near each other actually."

Joseph's eyes widened. "We do!?" Emilia nodded. "I think so.." "Well, cool! Maybe I can stop by later today! Are you free?" Emilia blushed and nodded. "Yes..I really need to go now, I am going to be late..goodbye." She ran away, her skirt and hair flowing through the wind. "B-Bye!" Joseph called out. He smiled and blushed a little. He pulled up the sleeves on his jacket. "She's really pretty.." He whispered to himself. He looked at her in the distance and blushed harder. "And she plays an instrument..awesome." He started to walk away as he thought of Emilia.

After a while, Emilia finally arrived at the orchestra. She took her seat and got out her violin and sheet music. She placed her fingers on the strings, waiting for the conductor to tell them to play. With a simple motion of his arm, the entire room played in tune, in rhythm, and they played beautifully. Emilia's solo was coming up. She silently gasped and wheezed, trying to brace herself for what was to come. Finally, the time arrived. Her time to shine. She played the notes fast, and carefully. She continued even while her fingers got tired. She started to sweat a little as everyone looked at her. Finally, she finished with one note of the instrument. Everyone stopped and the session was over. Emilia smiled, hoping she had pleased the conductor.

The conductor came up to her. "Absoultely brilliant, Emilia!" He complimented. Emilia turned to look at him. "T-Thank you, Mr. Smith." She said. "Please, call me Anthony." "O-Okay, Anthony." Anthony smiled at her, looking into her eyes. Emilia was a little confused. "Is everything okay?" "Oh yes, everything is fine, it's just..your eyes are beautiful, Emilia." Emilia blushed a little. "Thank you." She slung her violin case over her shoulder. "I should get going, I have a guest to expect." She explained. "Oh, okay. Melody?" He asked. She shook her head. "Liliana?" She shook her head again. "Sakura?" "No, Anthony, it's a boy." Anthony frowned a little, crossing his arms. "Oh..who is this boy?" He asked sternly. Emilia felt a little frightened. "I'm sorry..but I have to go now." She ran out of the orchestra room, leaving Anthony to stand alone. Melody had watched the whole scene happen. She walked over to Anthony. "You should just tell her you like her!" Anthony sighed. "I can't..." He said before he walked away. Melody sighed. "Looks like someone needs a matchmaker.." She smirked.

Emilia opened the door to her apartment. "I'm home.." She called out to no one. "Cool!" A voice replied. Emilia smiled and set her violin down. She suddenly realized. She looked at the direction where the voice came from. She got out her umbrella and aimed it high, slowly walking towards the direction where the voice came from. Footsteps grew closer and closer towards her. She stumbled backwards, falling onto the floor. A young boy rushed out. "Oh jeez! Are you okay?" He asked. Emilia looked up. "J-Joseph!? How'd you get in here!?" She cried, backing away. She got up from the floor, dusting off her skirt. Joseph smiled. "There was a key under the mat. Thought I would spare you the time to come and get me." Emilia sighed. "Alright, f-fine..what now?" Joseph shrugged. "I brought a board game." Emilia looked at him. "Which one?" Joseph got the board game off of the chair and held it up to show Emilia. "Shoots and ladders!" He smiled. Emilia nodded. "Okay.." She said.

One hour later, a cry of victory was heard. "I won!" Joseph cried, jumping up and down frantically. Emilia rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Yep." She said, beginning to pack up the board game. Joseph sat down and started helping her. "You know, you're a really good at Shoots and Ladders too." Emilia half smiled. "Thank you." She said. The two reached for a different piece and ended up holding hands. Joseph blushed a little and looked up at Alice. He checked his watch. "Oh gee! I'm so sorry, but I have to go! Bye, Emilia!" He said, running out the door. Emilia looked at her hand and smiled. "Goodbye.." Joseph was outside, panting a little. "Too..too cute..can't do it." He sighed as he smiled and looked down at his hand. Emilia smiled and sighed. "Cute.." She said as she continued to clean up the room.