Chapter 3

Emilia was walking through town, her violin on her back, wearing a white dress and black heels. The concert was an hour away, counting practice time, she needed to be at the orchestra in ten minutes. She walked, almost tripping in her heels. "I never wanted to wear these." She growled. She continued walking, until she reached the orchestra hall.

She sat down at her usual spot, some people coming in. Anthony saw her and blushed. He walked up to her. "Hey there, Emilia, you ready for tonight?" Emilia nodded. "Yes.." She replied with a hint of nervousness in her voice. Anthony smiled. He sensed her nervousness. "Pretty thing like you, why should you be nervous?" He said flirtatiously. Emilia blushed, taken aback by his statement. "It is natural to be anxious." She replied coldly. Anthony sighed and looked down at her shoes. "I've never seen you wear heels before." Emilia nodded. "Yes, I don't find them comfortable, but they were required for the concert..sir, I must practice now, I will speak to you later." She said, getting out her violin. Anthony nodded and turned on his heel, walking away.

Melody stopped him. "Did you tell her?" Anthony shook his head. Melody sighed. "Am I going to have to do everything around here!?" Anthony looked down at the ground. "Probably." He replied. Melody growled a little, walking into her section. She sat down, shooting Anthony a glare. Anthony got in his position and began the practice session. Emilia shined as usual and Anthony noticed it. He smiled at her, then cued the other musicians.

Practice was over, and now everyone was going to get ready. Emilia went to do her makeup in the dressing room. Melody saw her and pranced over to her. "So, a little birdie told me that you like Anthony!" She giggled. "That creature was wrong." Emilia said, not looking away from her work. Melody groaned. "Come on! You HAVE to be in a relationship!" Emilia stopped and looked at her. "No one has to do anything they don't want to do. I'm not looking for a relationship and certainly not with Anthony." Melody pouted. "But why? He's handsome, popular, good-looking, and he compliments you all the time!" Emilia sighed and went back to applying her makeup. "My love is not easily won with infatuation." Melody sat down next to her. "You have to stop being such a wet blanket all the time! Have some fun, girl!" Emilia slammed her hands on the desk. "I don't need to have fun by being in frivolous relationships that every girl dreams of, I'm a musician, I have a life, I'm FINE." She said quickly. Melody was silenced. "Witch..." Melody muttered under her breath as she walked away. Emilia sighed and finished getting ready. She went back onstage, sitting in her seat.

Anthony walked up to her. "You'll do great, beautiful." Emilia looked at her violin. "Thank you..you should be at your place, the show will start any minute." Anthony was taken aback. 'Why doesn't she like me?' He wondered. He smiled a little. "Anyone you know coming?" He asked. Emilia shook her head. "No, not anyone." Anthony lifted her chin up, looking into her eyes. "Well then, I'll be the only one that can say I know you, the mysterious violinist." The other girls around them were fangirling. Emilia grunted and freed herself, holding his wrist. "Do not touch me." She commanded. Anthony yanked his hand back, causing Emilia to fall back a bit. She scowled at him. "Let me prepare, Anthony." She commanded again. Anthony huffed and walked away.

Emilia looked at all the people coming in through the doors. Most of them were the musicians' family, others were random people who decided to come. Although, one person struck Emilia deep down in the heart. "Joseph?!" She yelled. Joseph turned around, waving at Emilia. Emilia felt herself blush. "W-What are you doing?" She yelled again. Joseph came down to the pit. He looked in her eyes, smiling. "I've come to see you perform!" He smiled. Emilia looked down at the ground. 'He'll know who I am' She thought. She looked up. "You really want to stay?" Joseph nodded. "Yep! Of course! I'm going to support you all the way!" Anthony looked over and saw the two chatting, he also saw the blush on Emilia's face. He curled up his fists and walked towards the two.