It Was Everywhere

We'd been home for about a month and we were so happy. 12 weeks pregnant and Olivia was finally starting to show. Just a tiny bump. Not visible underneath any kind of clothes.

But she has that glow. Pregnancy suits her well. Minus the vomiting she loves it. She loves being pregnant. The little bump. We've been working non-stop. I let Liv sneak off to the cribs every chance we get. We haven't told anyone yet and I'm trying my best to take care of her. If we can't get through the next couple days then we'll be okay. Cragen promised us four days off where we won't get called in come this Friday. All we have to do it make it till Friday.

Olivia comes downstairs looking a little green.

She looks at me and flicks her eyes toward the file room and I nod my head.

I let her walk into the file room before me, giving it a couple seconds.

I walk in behind her and shut the door, locking it.

"What's wrong?" I ask, taking her hand.

"I can't stop getting sick." She says, swallowing.

I pull her into my arms, running a hand through her hair.

"Do you wanna go home?" I ask.

"No..." She says, shaking her head.

"What do you need, Liv?" I ask quietly.

"Can you make that tea?" She asks. "The peppermint one?"

"Of course..." I say, kissing the top of her head.

She rests her head on my chest and I see tears fall down her cheeks.

"Oh baby..." I say softly.

I wipe her tears away and she gives me a soft smile.

The look on her face changes quickly. She flings the door open frantically, her hand over her mouth as she sprints down the hall, shoving the door to the women's bathroom open.

I run behind her as she flings the door open. She drops to her knees, throwing up into the toilet.

I pull her hair back and she reaches for my hand, searching frantically for it.

She squeezes my hand and lays back against me, crying.

I kiss her temple as she wipes the tears from her face.

"Baby, let me take you home." I say softly.

She nods her head and I help her up.

She takes 3 pieces of gum out of her pocket and chews them quickly.

"Just grab your stuff, I'll talk to Cragen..." I say and she nods her head.

I walk into Cragen's office and he looks up slightly irritated.

"I know we're in the middle of case but Liv is really sick, are you okay if I take her home?" I ask.

"Yeah, take care of her, Stabler." He says. "I need you back tomorrow, and Liv if she's not too sick."

"Of course, Captain." I say, "Thank you."

We leave the precinct and as soon as we get home I draw a bath for Liv.

I watch her sink into the hot water and I smile softly.

She's beautiful. So absolutely gorgeous.

She has hair up in a clip, a few tendrils hanging loosely, soaking in the water.

She looks so relaxed. Sometimes I wish our jobs weren't so stressful. I love seeing her like this.

•••••••••