The Reception

I look in the mirror of the car before car and I starts to panic. 

"Elliot I have sex hair!" I say, tucking the loose strands behind my ears and fixing the bobby pins.

"It's not that bad." He says with a smirk.

I finish fixing my hair and we walk through to the back patio where everyone is already seated. They all clap and we sit down to eat.

We asked that no one gave toasts or anything, we just wanted to dance and have fun.

We eat dinner cuddled up next to each other, laughing with our friends and family.

Other than the wedding party we hadn't really talked to anyone who was attending to the wedding yet, including Elliot's kids.

We had our first dance to "All of Me" By
John Legend, and the second to "I'n Yours" By Jason Mraz

We had opted not to stage any of the photos because we wanted them to be genuine.

"Lets sneak out..." Elliot whispers in my ear.

"Baby, you should at least hug your kids before we leave for a week." I say softly.

He smiles and kisses my forehead before walking over to the table that they're sitting at at.

They all wrap their arms around him and then me.

"It was a beautiful ceremony." Maureen says smiling.

All of the kids nod happily and we spend a while talking.

"You guys okay if we sneak out early?" Elliot asks.

"Yes, dad." Kathleen says winking, "Run while you can."

The kids hug both of us one last time before we sneak out.

We get to our apartment and Elliot helps me out of my wedding dress before he tosses me on the bed.

An hour later we're lying next to each other covered in a thin layer of sweat.

I kiss Elliot one more time before I stand up and pull clothes out of my dresser.

I pull on black leggings, a white v-neck, slouched knit socks and Birkenstocks. I pull my black North Face pullover fleece out of the closet and throw my hair in a messy bun. I takes 4 makeup wipes for me to get it all off my face and then actually washing my face to get the streaks of eyeliner and mascara off my cheeks

Elliot grins at me from his place in bed. That infamous smirk.

"What?" I ask, smiling.

"My wife, is absolutely gorgeous." He says, standing up to kiss me.

He slaps my ass as I walk into the closet to get the pre-packed suitcases.

We catch a cab to JFK and make our way through the terminals.

We're waiting in line at the ticket desk when Elliot leans in to kiss me. He puts his hand in the back off my neck, his fingertips in my hair and his other hand on the small of my back, pulling me flush against his body.

Everything around us just melts away.

"Next in line!" The ticket girl says loudly, clearing her throat.

I pull away quickly, blushing.

Elliot grabs the bags and I slide the tickets across the desk, while the girl stares at the computer.

She takes the tickets and reads them over quickly.

"Olivia?" She says, looking up from the tickets, her eyes watering.