Suspension

We're about to go home when Cragen comes storming through the door.

"Benson, Stabler, my office. Now!" He barks at us.

We both walk in, preparing for whatever's coming.

He presses play on a video on his laptop and then flips the laptop around so we can see it.

The title of the video is "Cutest Kiss Cam Ever (NYC)". The videos of us.

The video starts with us jumping up and cheering. The. Elliot puts his hands on my hips and dips me back. One of my hands pushes my hat up and the other is on the back of Elliot's neck. We pull apart and very clearly mouth the words "I love you" to each other.

"Explain! Now!" He yells at us.

"Well, you see--" I falter...

"Uhh--" Elliot says.

"No I don't see, Detectives!" He yells at us.

"Cap what do you want us to say?" Elliot asks.

"I want you to explain yourselves!" He yells.

"We're seeing each other." Elliot says.

I quickly put my left hand in my pocket before Cragen sees the ring.

"When did this start?" Cragen asks.

"That night." Elliot says pointing to the screen.

"Okay..." Cragen says, "I don't think I have to report this as long as I have your reassurance that this stops now."

"Uh Captain, did you happen to look at the publishing date of the video?" Elliot asks.

"What?" Cragen asks.

"They published that video over six months ago."

"Six months ago?!" He screams at us. "This has been happening for six months?!"

Elliot and I are both silent.

"Detective Benson you've been awfully quiet." He says, "You have nothing to say about this?"

I cringe as he says my name but relax a little when I feel Elliot's hand come to rest on my back.

"Very well then." He says, slamming his laptop shut. "You're both suspended. Three days. Get the hell out of my office."

We walk out his office and grab our coats and I sigh. Elliot wraps his arm around my shoulder and kisses my temple.

"Least now we don't have to hide anything..." Elliot says.

"Elliot we just got suspended." I say tiredly.

"We've been suspended before..." He says.

"What do you wanna do?" Elliot says.

"I have that appointment in about an hour but then whatever you want..." I say with a sigh.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" He asks.