"Well then, Sir Knight... I guess it's only fair to give you the victory in tonight's battle and bid thee farewell..." she replied with a mock dismissive wave of her hand.

"'till next time fair maiden, my allegiance is to your safety," Zion grinned and grabbed her hand, licking the back of it in a mock-gallant move.

Ezekiel practically felt the shudder along her nerves at the "kiss" and studied his new-found niece closer. She was holding back the connection with more force than he knew was possible, but from knowing her and her story, he understood.

Soon the car drove off towards the mountain and in the hallway, Ezekiel watched Akela, wide eyed and torn.

"Oh god. What am I doing?" she muttered with her hands covering her blushing cheeks.

"You did nothing wrong, Akela," Ezekiel told her and wrapped his arms around her in a hug he felt she was craving.

"Oh... but you don't understand. He's made for Kira!" Akeal muttered, her voice thick and emotional.

"All the more reason to bring her home," Ezekiel whispered comfortingly.

half an hour later, Zion entered the family living room and practically fell into the two seater sofa with a contented sigh. Abel barely lifted his eyes from the Supernatural episode he was watching on tv. The Winchester brothers were chasing a werewolf and Abel occasionally gave a muttered huff of exasperation at the terrible make up or the werewolf movements.

Zion tried paying attention, but his conversation with Akela was on his mind.

"Right... What's the smile for?" Abel eventually asked.

Zion tried to look neutral, but his tail was doing its little wiggle revealed how the bubbles rose and burst in his chest.

"I can sense your ridiculously happy grin and I can hear your tail!" Abel grumbled.

"Nothing..." Zion smiled innocently.

"It's not nothing. You've not been this happy since Felan was born..." Abel muttered without looking up from the screen.

"That is a terrible lycan! Does Hollywood even try to imagine what we are? That's a bloodlust halfie you idiots!" Abel swore at the TV.

"Yeah. Because a lycan, looking like a human... or a wolf... would just be terrifying..." Zion chuckled.

Abel looked at his brother.

"Akela... she said something... " he mumbled.

Zion felt his tail whip faster before he could stop it.

Abel narrowed his eyes and Zion knew he was on thin ice.

"She said she loves me," he smiled with a deliriously happy tailwag and a belly full of bursting bubbles.

"What?" Abel snarled.

"She told me she loves me..." Zion repeated.

Abel's snarl intensified.

"What the hell Zi!" Abel asked on a dangerous growl.

Zion looked at his younger brother and smiled.

"We were goofing around. And then she started crying. And she said she can't allow herself to fall in love because of Kira," Zion said evenly.

Abel's eyes narrowed to suspicious slits.

"And I said I love her and will wait for her to make her heart up," Zion continued.

Abel sat up very slowly, eyes fixed on Zion in what to anybody else would be a very threatening look. His body coiled for an attack.