4

Abel returned from his work late in the afternoon to find his father and Gerry sat at the kitchen table with a computer and a few papers in front of them. An Alpha's job in a modern world included a lot of financial stuff. And Gerry had to learn.
Most Alphas took their power at an early age. 18 was quite common. But Archer had insisted that Gervais should have an education and the life experience he never had before taking his rightful place. So framed on the wall was Gervais Leon Connor's diploma for his business degree.
Zion had finished a degree in veterinary nursing online, doing his required internship at Dr. Maddox Abrahams' surgery where his unusual appearance could go largely unnoticed.
Abel didn't seem to be able to make his mind up. He had no interest in books or computers. He preferred the forest. So to appease his dad, he had done his qualifications as a builder. He could build houses.
Let his brothers deal with the brainy genetics.

Archer looked up at his youngest son.

"Abel!" he commanded when he saw the youngster trying to wiggle out of the room.

"Father," Abel smiled with exaggerated formality that had Archer frowning.

The two leaders waved him over.

"We have decided to take you out of circulation..." Gervais said seriously.

Abel looked at them in confusion.

"You're leaving the pack for a while," Archer said.

"What? But... who's going to build the houses? The Henry-cabins need new doors and the plumbing in the Giles' old lodge needs a revamp!" Abel asked pointing to his carpenters tools in his belt.

"Fry can deal with it," Archer replied.

Abel saw the serious look on both faces.

"We've spoken to uncle Zeke. You'll be staying there for a few months," Gervais said.

"Okay?" Abel replied, not seeing the punishment.

"C'mon," Archer said and stood, indicating for Archer to shift.

"But... I need to pack my stuff?" Abel objected.

"Nope," Archer shook his head.

Abel shifted into his wolf, Krystoph and followed his father down the mountain side.

Not long after, the two of them entered Ezekiel's territory, Archer shifted and walked to the bin of clothes set by the house.

"Not you!" he told his son and Krystoph sat back in surprise to see Ezekiel stride out of the house, followed by young Hunter.

"Right... So this is the delinquent dog?" Ezekiel asked with a grin.

"Yep. He needs to lean some basic humility," Archer frowned.

Ezekiel crouched down in front of the young wolf.

"Right. Krystoph. Do you know why you're here?" he asked. 

The wolf shook his head.

Ezekiel pointed to the dog pen at the edge of the garden where three dogs were curiously waiting for their boss to show them some attention.

"Meet Jada, Koda and Yzma. Blossom named the puppies... she's got a thing about Disney movies." Ezekiel smiled.

"Yzma?" Archer asked, an eyebrow up in doubt.

"I have no idea why she named a puppy after a skinny old bat... but you know. 6 year old girl. And Finn named Lucky and Rocky so it was her turn," Ezekiel smiled.

"Says the man who named a half lycan child Blossom!" Archer grinned.

Ezekiel nodded with a proud smile and turned his focus back on Krystoph.