seven

Arizona Robbins

-

My pager goes off, showing Jackson's stupid call for me on the small screen.

I sigh.

"I'm so sorry to leave you waiting, but I have to be somewhere. I'll be back soon to check on you, okay?" I say, not giving them time to respond as I leave the room.

He probably is having trouble getting her to cooperate, I convince myself, trying to ease my nerves.

My pager rings again, showing Jackson's name for the second time, making me worry.

I start running, slamming the doors open of the psych ward only to see Jackson kicking at her bathroom door. The door gives out and falls forward and he looks at me eerily before he runs into the room.

I hear his breath catch. "Jackson what's wron-?" I stare at him scooping up her unconscious body off of the floor.

Blood stains her lips, making them a crimson red color.

He puts his ear to her heart, checking for sign of life.

"When I got here, she was locked in the bathroom...and then there was a ...thud." He says, eyeing the nurses coming through the door. She has arrhythmia. She had surgery right?"

"Um yeah, yes. We had to drain fluid from her lungs." As soon as I say the words, a sinking feeling sets in my stomach.

"Damn it. God, damn it!" He yells in anger, opening her mouth. "Her lungs are filling up with blood. Page Meredith and Alex, and get an O.R."