four

Eliza Brown

-

I toss the crappy thin hospital sheets over my head as I hear a muffled conversation outside my door, their voices quiet and concerned.

My eyebrows scrunch up when I feel something restricting my arm movement, pinching the skin on my forearm.

I look down, gasping when I see a needle connected to an IV snaking under the covers and connecting to large poles holding medicine dripping bags.

I hold my breath as I try to undo the IV without the unbearably horrible pain that makes me want to cry out control me.

I get it halfway out when I hear a monitor go off, cursing myself for not be discreet enough.

Loud footsteps come forwards me, and before I can finally get the needle out, hands lift the cover off my head and open my mouth, forcing me to breathe.

"Paige Robbins And Karev!" A doctor with dark skin says, her eyes bulging at the site of me.

I groan in pain as her hand touches my ribs, squirming when she places an oxygen mask is placed over my mouth, paying no attention to the people rushing into my room.

"Breathe, Eliza, breathe! We're not here to hurt you, we're here to help you, hun." A blonde doctor with soft blue eyes begs.

"Stop! Stop, your hurting me!" I squeal, my voice breaking on a pain filled sob.

"Get morphine, acetaminophen and benzodiazepine, stat!" She yells, digging the IV back into my arm as she is handed the drugs. "You're fine sweetheart, you're fine, it's okay, it's okay." She shushes as the drugs silence my cries for help and puts me a out almost instantly.

The last things I see before the darkness swallows me into its dark abyss is Meredith looking at me with petty from outside the room, turning back to run somewhere else.

. . .

Meredith Grey

-

I run down the hall, not being able to watch that poor little girl suffer any more.

Her small figure and agonized face reminds me somewhat of me when I was younger, giving me chills at the memories of my childhood.

"Mer?" Derek calls, his voice confused as he follows in my path.

I ignore him, as much as I love him as a husband, I can't have him pester me about my feelings right now.

"Meredith Grey Shepherd!" He calls, grabbing my waist and spinning me around to face him. "What's wrong? Talk to me, Mer."

My eyes tear up, frustration getting the best of me. "Nothing, Derek. I just need some air."

"Is this about that kidnap victim Eliza, Meredith?" He coos, his hair shaking in front of his eyes as he looks down at me with pity.

"Derek, I said I am fine. Now just leave me alone." I snap, squirming out of his grip and running into the bathroom.

I lock myself in, flashbacks of my father flashing through my mind.