Baby Payne-Chapter 24

"What was the dream about?" He asked again.

I shook my head. "You know I'm not going to tell you." I was still pretty terrified over the whole thing and talking about it made everything worse.

"We can work through it." He said and tried to make me look at him.

I couldn't.

In my dream, I could see that he was so sad. He was so completely hearbroken and I couldn't bare to look at him. Whenever I looked at his face, all I could see were the tears that leaked down his cheeks when he looked at the grave.

My grave.

To me, it was a sign. There was a chance I wouldn't make it through the child birth and that seemed to be what my dream was about. There was also a chance that neither would my baby. If either of those were to happen, I know Liam would be completely heart broken and I couldn't handle telling him that.

"Just drop it." I sniffled.

"You're crying, you know I can't." He wiped my eyes.

I sniffled again and brought my hand up to wipe my own tears. "I really don't want to talk about it."

"If you tell me, I can help you get over it." He whispered.

I shook my head and wiped my nose. Liam was just trying to make me feel better, but I knew telling him would only hurt him. I wanted to make him feel better about me going into labor, even if I felt like I didn't trust myself going into it. But, he needed to think that everything was going to be okay or he would just stress over every little detail.

"Liam, I just had a bad dream. It's no big deal." I tried to assure him.

"It's a big deal." He said. "It's so big that you're sitting here crying your eyes out. If you tell me, maybe you can get it of your chest."

Trying to change the subject from anything but this, I closed my eyes. "I'm not going to tell you, and the more we talk about it, the more upset I'm getting."

"You were whimpering in your sleep. When you woke up, you just started to cry and it felt like there was nothing I could do" He whispered. "How am I suppose to just pretend that didn't happen?"

"I'm fine."

He pulled me closer to him and rocked me back and fourth. "I was so scared that you weren't going to be okay. You and I are suppose to be partners and you keep on hiding things from me." It sounded like he was begging me, hoping that I would tell him. "Please."

"It's going to make you upset." I told him and knew he was cracking me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I broke down slightly, more than I already had. He was caring about me so much and I wasn't telling him what was going on. I really didn't want to make him so upset with what I told him, like I knew he would be. I knew this would point him in a direction of me not making us through the birth.

"The dream was of you and our daughter." I sighed.

"Why was that so wrong?" He asked.

I turned to him and tried not to picture his crying face. "I wasn't there."

His face darkened and I knew he got the message but, it seemed like he wanted the confirmation. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"You had our daughter, she was so cute and happy, but you seemed sad inside. You brought her over to Louis' and Harry's, then you went to a grave." I took a deep, shaky breath. "There was a grave that had my name on and you were sitting next to it, crying."