Baby Payne-Chapter 4

I woke up with Emma laying on top of me. She was a very cuddly person and whenever she stayed over, we would wake up like this. Although I didn't mind it all that much, it was annoying when we were on the couch and my back was bent over the arm of the chair.

"Wake up!" I shouted in her ear.

She shot up with a shout and fell right off the side of the couch. I couldn't help but let out a bark of laughter as she rolled around on the floor groaning. "I told you not to do that to me anymore." She cried and buried her face deeper into the soft carpet.

"Next time don't fall asleep on me." I said. When I sat up, my back cracked from being so stiff. "Oh my God, did you just hear that?" I asked, looking at Emma with wide eyes.

"No."

I rolled my eyes and rotated my shoulders. "What are we going to do today?"

She groaned, her face still resting on the carpet. "I don't wanna move!" She shouted.

"We don't have to do anything." I said and laid back down on the couch, grabbing the blanket that had fallen off during the night. "We can just lay around all day and do nothing."

"That sounds nice." She sighed.

We both laid there for a few minutes, her on the floor and me on the couch. It was a relaxing thing that actually made my nerves go away considering my thoughts were just stupid little things that didn't matter. I was fine that I wasn't thinking, but I was going to have to start thinking about it sooner.

"Oh, God." I whispered and grabbed my stomach in pain. I got the same feeling I had last night when I smelt the popcorn. Trying to make it to the bathroom as fast as possible, I rushed up and towards the door. I wanted to get there before I threw up on the floor.

I puked in the toilet and took a deep breath. "What's going on?" Emma's voice floated into the bathroom.

"Just a little morning sickness." I shouted back, remembering what it was called.

The was a little pause. "Oh, do you want anything?" She shouted.

I took another deep breath and leant my back against the cool wall. "No! I think I'll just wait here for a few seconds, make sure I don't have to puke again."

"Okay!" She said back.

There was a bottle of mouthwash on the side of the sink, so I filled up the little cup and washed my mouth out. I didn't really like the taste of it, but it was a lot better than the constant taste of vomit in my mouth. I set the bottle back down and flushed the toilet, trying not to look at the vomit.

"I need some proper food." I said to myself.

"What?" I guess Emma had heard me.

"I said I need some proper food. I haven't eaten anything decent or healthy for a few days." I had practically been living off junk food for the past couple of days and I really didn't think that would be very healthy for my baby.

When I started to make a sandwich, there was a knock at the door. Emma usually answered the door, so I didn't make any move to go get it. "Can you go get that, I'm going to the bathroom!" Emma shouted. I'm sure whoever it was heard her.

I rolled my eyes at her loudness. "Okay!"

Quickly, I cut my sandwich and put it on a plate. There was another knock at the door, and I wiped the crumbs off my hands as I made my way over to the door. The person knocked again and they were starting to get on my nerves. "I'm coming! Keep your pants on!" I shouted.

I opened my front door and took a little step back. There were two men in suits standing on the other side of my door, looking at me. I just looked at them for a few seconds, and they looked back at me, with an icy glare. For some reason, I had the impulse to shut the door and run away.