Baby Payne-Chapter 10

I looked up at him, not really sure what was going on. The fact that he liked me was sort of a surprise. I hadn't detected any sort of feelings like that towards him. But, then again, I didn't say no right away. I just stood there kind of shocked, not really moving from my spot.

"Okay." I whispered.

His grin looked like it could split his cheeks. I was glad I had made him so happy, but I was still unsure about the date. He was a really sweet guy with a great heart and a lot of love to share, but I wasn't sure I wanted to date anyone. But, it couldn't hurt to at least try to creat a real relationship.

We continued walking, but you could practically feel the happiness radiating off him in waves. I was glad I had made him so happy by saying yes to one thing he had said. He had told me he wasn't really one to go into an impulsive realationship, so he must have thought about this.

That thought made me very happy.

There was another desk waiting for us when we got to where we needed to be, but there was a nurse sitting behind that one. She gave us a genuine smile when we approached, and I was glad she wasn't eyeing Liam like the fist girl had been. It seemed she actually did her job instead of eyed the clients.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

"We have an appointment."

She nodded and typed something into the computer. "And the name?"

"Payne."

"Okay." She said. "You can go right in." She pointed to the door across from the desk. I gave her a polite smile and a quiet thank you. Liam followed behind me into the room, thanking the nurse before he came in.

There was a doctor sitting at a desk, writing on a slip of paper. "Excuse me."

He turned around, giving us both a smile. "Oh, hello."

"Hi." I let my hair cover my face as I was slightly shy.

"Lets get started." He said and patted the table next to him. "Come lay down right here and get comfortable."

The little table, I could tell was suppose to be comfortable, but my back felt weird when I laid down. I tried to make myself comfortable, but it felt like my butt was going numb. After a couple of seconds of trying and failing to feel nice while laying there, I decided to just stay still.

"Isabelle?" He asked.

I nodded. "Belle." I corrected him out of force of habbit. I really didn't like it when people called me Isabelle or Izzy, it just reminded me of the old life I had gotten rid of.

"I'm Dr.Spade."

I gave him a slight smile, growing slightly more confident now that I knew his name.

He wrote something down, and looked up at Liam. "You can sit down on the other side of her, if you want to." Liam walked to the other side of the table and held my hand. I clenched onto his, extremely nervous on what was going to happen. He gave my hand a squeeze, showing me that he was supporting me.

"So, how far along are you?" He asked.

I looked at Liam, for confermation. "About a month and a half."

He nodded and wrote it down on his page. "Have you been noticing any symptoms of pregnancy. Mood swings, vomiting, cravings?"

"I was vomiting quite a bit a while ago, but now it's not as bad. Um, I've been eating more than I usually do, but that's only because the guys are making me. I'm not really sure about mood swings."

"Okay. Any problems, things you want to ask me about?" He asked.

A few questions flashed threw my mind, but Liam was asking questions way before I had a chance to even speak. "How much should she be eating?"